A moon base using 3D printers?????

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I read about that this morning and it sounds fantastic, although unfortunately I very much doubt we'll be seeing a moon base anytime soon :(. I wonder if the private sector will establish a presence there first?

Reaction score
Yes it seems more and more likely the Billionaires club will take the first step initially

How many of these will want in?
http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/

Chances are the private sector will do it get all the messy work out of the way then the like of Nasa and all other government bodies will want to step in after all the hard work is done.

A moon base is the way to go. Its a huge stepping stone and lots of resources for refining for fuel etc. This however will have to be looked at and carefully monitored as is the Arctic regions are protected to prevent massive disruption. The only difference is of course there not being any wildlife but mining could cause other issues yet unheard of

From the moon then Mars. That because of the base on the moon will be made massively easier due to hardly any gravity

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm so excited by the thought of a moon base, I hope it happens in the not too distant future!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hope to be going there on holiday in the next few years. :D

Reaction score
I`m sure it will be possible in the next 20-30 years. But what would happen if,after a base is built and people settle down on the moon say over the next 150 years say they go for independace from Earth?
historian

Ask a Question