A load of sphericals ...?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Has anyone fathomed what today's "Google doodle" is about? There are a lot of interactive coloured balls making up the Google logo. Just noticed that they don't appear on Chrome browser, IE, or Opera (yes I know it's sad, but I had to check!! :D) only FF - so are they trying to tell us something..?
laughingsmiley.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
they are there in Chrome (you do use the latest version (6)), and a damn stupid animation at that ... don't mind google's Olympic type logos, but that one is really annoying. Glad I don't use it as me home page.

You can't even pop them with your mouse. :confused:

I think there is a law about hiring under-age children in this country, dunno about where google is based. :(

all I can say is, its a good way to drive people to the opposition.

google are continuing the theme to annoy most people, all the time.

:wave:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
they are there in Chrome (you do use the latest version (6)), and a damn stupid animation at that ... don't mind google's Olympic type logos, but that one is really annoying. Glad I don't use it as me home page.

You can't even pop them with your mouse. :confused:

:wave:

Yes Mucks, I have Chrome (6) but FF is the only browser which is showing today's "doodle" here:confused: It's all a diabolical plot :lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Yes Mucks, I have Chrome (6) but FF is the only browser which is showing today's "doodle" here:confused: It's all a diabolical plot :lol:
hmmm, well the plot seems to be to drive away people to alt products ... I see a lot of negative posts on them balls, not to mention other sillies they been doing with their googlies.

:user:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well they seem to move more violently the harder I move my mouse, so I'm guessing something like every action has an equal and opposite reaction or something like that..
nod.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I found this article which explains the occasion (Google's 12th Birthday) :):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/sep/07/google-logo-bouncy-birthday

Aha! That explains it... and also it explains why I can only see the bouncy activity in FF (because I'm still running IE7, and apparently, it doesn't show up in some versions of Opera.) ...Still doesn't explain why I don't see it in Chrome though ... not actually bothered, of course, merely curious :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just discovered a use for them... they are very entertaining to cats! Rupert thought they were great fun! :lol:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Just discovered a use for them... they are very entertaining to cats! Rupert thought they were great fun! :lol:

Snap..My cat is also called Rupert. He also found google thingy quite entertaining today.....:D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
EvanDavis said:
What are Google up to today ? I can hardly see the logo today :D

Ah, but you will when you begin to type something, then the letters are coloured-in ;)

Aww, so you've got a Rupert too? Is he an only-cat, or does he have companions? We've got three. :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Ah, but you will when you begin to type something, then the letters are coloured-in ;)

Aww, so you've got a Rupert too? Is he an only-cat, or does he have companions? We've got three. :D

Ah ok, didn't notice that.
Yeah my niece names him Rupert after Rupert Bear. LOL I don't know how her mind works. Unfortunately he is an only cat. I would love more, but flat size dictates how many pets I have (very small flat)

Ask a Question