A little problem with installing

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ahh, ok heres the deal...
i just bought the new mobo and processor, everything set up and running except i got one problem...
every time i try to install something my computer freezes on me!
at first i didnt have a problem, then i put in my sound card and tried to update the drivers for it from a cd and then i got a warning in a little box when it autoplayed saying "excetional Errror" then the program froze and i ended the program. So i figured that was the CD, so i popped in my BFG drivers disc, then i got a warning saying that "DemoDisc Player has encountered a problem and needs to close".
ive also tried to install UT04 and it gives a "Submit Bug report" window when i try to install.

This is a fresh install of windows, and i have no clue whats going on, can you guys and gals help me?!

Reaction score
After the computer freezes, if you turn it off at the wall, then turn it back on again, does it come up with a box saying "windows has recoverd from a serious error"?

if it does, and to any error repport you get, submit them all. Sometimes microsoft have a solution that will load after submitting the report.

i had a problem that was everytime i plugged in my USB flasah drive i would get the BSOD. after rebooting i got the "windows has revoverd from a serious error" after about the 50th time i decided to submit it, and sure enough it came back that my graphics card drivers had a conflict and i had to update them

KGB

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does it work fine without your sound card in? Could you try it in a different PCI slot?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Well, the program itself freezes so i just crtl-alt-del and end task. i dont gett any blue screen.
i took out the sound card, which made no diffrence.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Also my computer doesnt have acess to the internet yet (in a few hours) also...
i dont have a..legit... copy of XP, so im afriad of sending a bug report :blush:

Ask a Question