a graphics card

Reaction score
hi can any one offer me some advise, i have a nvidia riva tnt2 model 64/ model 64 pro graphics card, only most new games won't even install as i don't meet requirements. i have asked a few people but they all tell me to buy a new computer, i don't want a new computer as mine is a cracking little machine and i don't mind spending money on a new graphics card. what should i look for? whats the difference between pci and a pci express? is it true you can piggyback graphics cards? if so would that work for me? and which one would work for me? i know its a lot of questions but i am quite curious and don't know anything about them

Reaction score
Could you give us some other specifications about your computer (eg motherboard make etc).

Then we can find out the slot type and what card you should look out. Also, how much are you looking to spend (if at all)?

Reaction score
Thats a really old card (10 years or so) - probably AGP 2x

Your mates are right - if you want to play the latest games, a new PC will be in order with PCI-E graphcs preferably.

What are you trying to play?

Reaction score
tiny, amd athlon 2200, win xp sp 2, 640 ram. i am trying to play fable and broken sword 4

Reaction score
Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6340(VT8363)
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG 10/03/2002

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
But only 4x AGP, that motherboard is really old, you would be wasting your money.

I really think you should consider an upgraded motherboard, CPU etc...Even if you go a better card It wouldn't really run to the cards full potential and i don't think its worth it. Save the money and put it towards a new system.

:)

Board specs here.....
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=131

Last edited:
Reaction score
thanks you've been a great help, don't suppose you have any ideas on what type of motherboard, cpu etc that i would be able to upgrade to

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Depends on...

Your budget, what you want to do with the pc.

If you change the motherboard, which you need to as its old. then it leaves you open to many options. as the mb will dictate the rest of the hardware.

Would you be confident in building it or would you prefer it ready to go?

:)

Ask a Question