_vti_cnf

G

Hi - I recently copied a new site from an older site in order to have 2 sites. That went Ok. On the first site we published using shared borders, FP publishing and extensions.

I am now FTPing and using shared borders. I found pictures in a file on the FTP server side that had been uploaded from our site to theirs that says _vti_cnf. I found at random pictures etc in this folder on both our side of the FTP and in the server side. I am having problems with my site in FP and am wondering if I should delete the pictures and pages in that they are also appearing where they should be also (ie listed with pages and images within the proper folders on the server etc) Not understanding what _vti_cnf is I thought perhaps when I copied the 2nd site off of K drive from the 1st site backup I picked up this folder, or perhaps when I first uploaded the new site to the server for the first time I got some of the pictures loaded up in the wrong place at the server.

I also wondered if this was copied from the first site that used extensions and published from FP - and now it is showing up within the site we are trying to load up through FTP? Thanks for all your help, Chris

T

Thomas A. Rowe

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281532&Product=fp10se

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Global Discount said:
Hi - I recently copied a new site from an older site in order to have 2 sites. That went Ok. On
the first site we published using shared borders, FP publishing and extensions.
I am now FTPing and using shared borders. I found pictures in a file on the FTP server side that
had been uploaded from our site to theirs that says _vti_cnf. I found at random pictures etc in
this folder on both our side of the FTP and in the server side. I am having problems with my site
in FP and am wondering if I should delete the pictures and pages in that they are also appearing
where they should be also (ie listed with pages and images within the proper folders on the server
etc) Not understanding what _vti_cnf is I thought perhaps when I copied the 2nd site off of K drive
from the 1st site backup I picked up this folder, or perhaps when I first uploaded the new site to
the server for the first time I got some of the pictures loaded up in the wrong place at the server.
I also wondered if this was copied from the first site that used extensions and published from
FP - and now it is showing up within the site we are trying to load up through FTP? Thanks for all
your help, Chris

G

Thanks Thomas - this article is way over my head. I tried reading it and I'm not understanding a lot of what it says, but thank you so much for trying. Chris

T

Thomas A. Rowe

The link indicated which features in FP require that the FP extensions are installed on the remote
server and that the site then must be published to the remote server via FP's http mode in order for
those features to function.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Global Discount said:
Thanks Thomas - this article is way over my head. I tried reading it and I'm not understanding a
lot of what it says, but thank you so much for trying. Chris

G

Thanks so much! Chris

Thomas A. Rowe said:
The link indicated which features in FP require that the FP extensions are installed on the remote
server and that the site then must be published to the remote server via FP's http mode in order for
those features to function.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

lot of what it says, but thank you so much for trying. Chris

Ask a Question