98 Client

davef

Windows 2000 domain I still have 2 98 clients. Worked
fine for 2 years until I think a service pack or update
was applied. 98 clients cannot authenticate to 2000
domain.

Error: The domain password you supplied is not correct,
or access to your logon server has been denied

If I change domain to include .net or .com it still fails
but then runs logon script and user can access all
resources.

Any ideas? Like I said fine for 2 years until last week
after I think some service pack......

Vivien Wu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thanks for posting your results and good news here. It is a pleasure to
work with you and we look forward to seeing you in the newsgroups again.

--------------------
| From: "Davef" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: 98 Client
| Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 05:39:17 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
|
| That fixed it.
| Thanks

| >|
| >| Windows 2000 domain I still have 2 98 clients. Worked
| >| fine for 2 years until I think a service pack or
| update
| >| was applied. 98 clients cannot authenticate to 2000
| >| domain.
| >|
| >| Error: The domain password you supplied is not
| correct,
| >| or access to your logon server has been denied
| >|
| >|
| >| If I change domain to include .net or .com it still
| fails
| >| but then runs logon script and user can access all
| >| resources.
| >|
| >| Any ideas? Like I said fine for 2 years until last
| week
| >| after I think some service pack......
| >|

Sincerely,

Vivien Wu
MCSA, MCSE2000 and MCDBA2000
Microsoft Partner Online Support

When responding to posts, please Reply to Group via your newsreader so