Bargain 8800gt...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm holding judgment on their performance until they are actually out, but yes should be good.

Reaction score
V_R said:
I'm holding judgment on their performance until they are actually out, but yes should be good.

Haha well its irrelevant to you with your beefy GTX isn't it ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well it seems these cards are very good, first bunch of real reviews and guys who acctually have the have started posting their 3DMark scores and game benchies.

The 8800GT's were officially released yesterday, but are in short supply, they are a cracking card for the money it seems, faster that the 640 GTS for less cash! If i still had my 640GTS it would be on Ebay by now before 'joe public' realizes that the 8800GT is a better card and the GTS's price crashes..
wink.gif

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...=56&subcat=1008

PG the price your quoting is for the 256mb version, not as good go for the 512mb cards which will be about £175 give or take. :thumb:

Reaction score
V_R said:
Well it seems these cards are very good, first bunch of real reviews and guys who acctually have the have started posting their 3DMark scores and game benchies.

The 8800GT's were officially released yesterday, but are in short supply, they are a cracking card for the money it seems, faster that the 640 GTS for less cash! If i still had my 640GTS it would be on Ebay by now before 'joe public' realizes that the 8800GT is a better card and the GTS's price crashes..
wink.gif

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...=56&subcat=1008

PG the price your quoting is for the 256mb version, not as good go for the 512mb cards which will be about £175 give or take. :thumb:

Aww :(

Still its a massive chunk of the 640mb GTS.

I'm thinking I may sink a couple of squids into this. Or I may wait a couple of months for the Ati refresh and watch the price fall a little more. Depends how much I want to play the AMAZING games that are coming up now :(

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Will this card work ok with XP ???

user.gif

If its not then the boys in green have made possibly the biggest cock up in the history of GPUs.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
i'm guessing that I won't be able to use DX10 with the XP or will I ??
No.

Reaction score
I wish i waited a bit with my GTX, i woulda go two of these then for SLI! :p

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Bit of a late follow up, but I sold my 1950 Pro and bought one of these last week(BFG 512mb version).
Performance is good, but more importantly, it uses my 21" Sony Trinitron quite happily which the 1950 wouldn't, it's quieter, and no more faffing around having to load Netframework and other related driver issues!

Covenant

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
how much of a performance increase did you get? or notice?
Think bout replacing my 7900gt :)

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
I normally have to run games on my 21" monitor at 1024x768 medium resolution to play smoothly - now I can run the Crysis demo (for instance) at the same res but with everything on high. I did have a 3D mark file with with previous hardware test results but I can't find it at the moment but I'll post some tests asap.

Covenant

Ask a Question