8500dv AIW distorted audio on recording off tv

F

FTLOSM

I have the 8500DV AIW card in my pc, finally got it installed with the new 8.7 MMC and the newest drivers for win 2k and all seems to be working well, ran the setup test and passed all catagories fine too so thats a good start.

I set up my tv and recording settings, yet I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong SOUND wise, when I watch something that is recording off tv its fine, yet when I go to play that mpg BACK that I just recorded the audio on it is all distorted almost as if I had the volume at 150% or something, very weird and very distorted sound on playback.

Been reading help files and such within the ati software here but have not come up with a solution, any suggestions?

F

FTLOSM

Think I got it fixed here, just made a registry edit to the recorder volume (searched google groups for same problem) recorded a bit more and it seems to be MUCH better (reduced from 834 to 500), and it seems to have taken all the distortion out of the recording.

I have the 8500DV AIW card in my pc, finally got it installed with the new 8.7 MMC and the newest drivers for win 2k and all seems to be working well, ran the setup test and passed all catagories fine too so thats a good start.

I set up my tv and recording settings, yet I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong SOUND wise, when I watch something that is recording off tv its fine, yet when I go to play that mpg BACK that I just recorded the audio on it is all distorted almost as if I had the volume at 150% or something, very weird and very distorted sound on playback.

Been reading help files and such within the ati software here but have not come up with a solution, any suggestions?

Ask a Question