750w psu

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Wiz - I have several of them running in my machines and never heard anything like that kind of noise, they are all really quiet.

Sadly you may have got a bad one....but get it changed and you'll be fine
nod.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mine was fine wiz. Sadly, it does look like you have a faulty unit - it happens.

I've had faulty stuff, in fact I managed to buy a new faulty Disco Mixer today, gotta take it back tomorrow. All the way to Chadwell Heath (nr Ilford) :mad:

Reaction score
Flops,

Thats a pain.

The computer made a loud beeping noise when I put the PSU in also the the CPU fan would not start up either with this PSU could this be the PSU causing this or could this had moved someting out of place on the board??

Can you please let me know,

Thanks,

wiz

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
At the risk of going off topic, Chadwell Heath - near Romford - That's near me 'ome!

My second car's there at the moment, in the dealership. Having work done. :-( I want to drive it.

To reply to wizkid, It could be either. You could have easily knocked something out, don't worry, when the new PSU arrives, try it and if it doesn't work, then see if anything has been knocked, RAM, Video card etc. But in my experience, the CPU fan usually starts regardless of other errors so that leads me to believe it was the PSU causing that.

Reaction score
Thanks for your post.

I got the Corsair 620w PSU and the replacement is working fine as well.

Thanks,

wiz

Reaction score
Hi,

Is it normal to here a bit of a hissing from my PSU when its in use, is this the fan spining around.

Can you please advise,

wiz

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
What do you mean by 'hissing' - an electrical 'hiss' or an air/fan type hiss?

Corsairs are very quiet, but you will still get a fan/air movement type sound.

Reaction score
Hi Ady,

Thanks for the quick reply.

It's hard to explan but I think its a electrical hiss this is normal right because its got electrical going though it?

Can you please advise,

Thanks,

wiz

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You will always get a slight hiss as such, but if it is a 'crackly' sound then that shouldn't be there.

As you say without being able to listen directly its difficult to judge.

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
You will always get a slight hiss as such, but if it is a 'crackly' sound then that shouldn't be there.

As you say without being able to listen directly its difficult to judge.

Hi Ady,

Thanks for the reply.

Yea its not a crackly sound so I think it will be ok.

Thanks for the help on this,

Regards,

wiz

Ask a Question