750w psu

Reaction score
Yup should be fine,though for some reason the company's psu rep hasn't been so great lately.
I think the newer supplies haven't been so well received.

I have the 600w version of that supply running an x2 and it ran fine with my 1900xt in it too.

Would still suggest the Corsair 620 though.

Reaction score
Why is corsair a better make than OCZ are OCZ PSUS know for breaking down or just not as good as the Corsair 620.

Thanks,

wiz

Reaction score
It's difficult to say as I have one of each and neither have been a problem.
But the Corsairs have been widely reviewed (and acclaimed) over the last year or so.

They have high efficiency and run very quiet.
Dunno if it's still the case but when I bought mine they were being manufactured by Seasonic (one of the best).

Go with whatever you prefer but I personally have more faith in Corsair quality control and from what I have seen, if things do go awry their customer service is decent too.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
We go mostly by reviews, personal experience and recommendations Mr Wiz.

Either will do you ok (as will the Enermax) but if it were me I'd buy the Corsair.

Reaction score
Flops,

Thanks you have been most helpful its good to know that you go by reviews on products and personal experinece.

Thanks to vaio you have been very helpful.

:)

Many Thanks,

wiz

Reaction score
Sorry posted with out the attached picture frist time.

So I removed post and strarted it again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

Can you please tell me if the Corsair 620w PSU has got a connector for the PCIE connector on the motherboard under the pink parrel port.

See attached pic 4 pins but on the motherboard its actully 6pins. Is there a socket on this psu to support this?

Thanks,

wiz

Attachments

• motherboard_productimage_ga-965p-dq6_big.jpg
    motherboard_productimage_ga-965p-dq6_big.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 73

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
They are actually ATX 12V mobo connectors, and yes the PSU has two 4-pin connectors that can be inserted - you only really need to plug one in, but you can do both :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yes, just use one of the 4-pin power connectors - forget about the other 2 pins that are blanked off in your pic :thumb:

Your motherboard and PSU manual will explain exactly what goes where ;)

Reaction score
So if there is 6pins on the socket on the board then if I plug 4pin connector into it this wont effect the motherboard or the power in any way??

Can you let me know,

Thanks,

wiz

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to connect the PCIE cable to the Vedio card I dont know how to connect the lead to the PSU and then run it to the PCIE port on the video card the manual dosnt say either??

Can you please advise,

Thanks,

wiz

Reaction score
Problem fixed.

But the PSU fan is making a clicking noise adn if I move the power cable around it seems to stop and start again. So its going back and then I wil get a new one. Sure its just a faulty PSU and the other one should be fine, I hope

Thanks again for the advice.

Many Thanks,

wiz

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you sure it isn't just the cable hitting against the fan?

Reaction score
Yea checked all of that. If I move that Mains supply cable that goes into the back of the PSU it sort of stops and if I move it the other way the noise gets louder also the CPU fan on the motherboard is not spining either after I put this PSU in. Could the PSU had pushed something out of place on the motherboard? I have spoken to Novatech and explained it all and they have conformed that its a faulty PSU unit and to bring it back and they will replace it.

wiz

Ask a Question