60 and counting...

Reaction score
Hi! I am 60 and forever trying out new technology. I am new here and seeking help - puleeeze? I have searched the existing threads, but cannot find an answer to my predicament. I will be enormously grateful if someone can help me?

I have Windows 7 and work on PowerPoint 2010. I have managed to compile a presentation with transitions working fine and inserted two audio files - the second one to start as the first one finishes. (It is a long presentation.) I have compressed both files and all works fine.... EXCEPT - I cannot get the second audio file to fade in at the beginning of the slide it starts on nor to fade out on the last slide, although I have made the correct selections in the playback ribbon.
I have selected 'play across slides'.

It sounds awful with the music just being cut off abruptly. Please can some help?
Thanks so much!!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
You could edit your audio files on a free programme called Audacity, available from File Hippo and other sources. It is very easy to achieve fade in or fade out and many other features. :)

Reaction score
Oh... ok. Thanks but - does that mean it is not possible to do it in Powerpoint? Only the first audio file?

Ask a Question