56k dial up

Reaction score
How many people on here use dial up internet?

Don,t think bill gates takes into fact windows update using 56k.

Then again why are company still making people pay 15.99 for dial up 24/7?

Good deal would be 8 pounds per month?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Putting my hand up here Michael, yes, we are still on dial-up at present. The connection speed is usually shown as 44.0 Kbps but of course, the actual upload/download speed is oodles less than that, so yes, the updates take ages here also:nod:

I'm not sure why - but I expect we shall be enlightened ;) - but when I get updates directly from the Microsoft website, they seem to download much more quickly than if I update via the Automatic Update system. On the latter, it seems to faff about for days sometimes - and I'm not exaggerating. So whenever I get the little message screen, telling me that updates are available, instead of clicking it, I head over to Microsoft and the task gets done without so much fuss. :thumb:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I have 56k :(
it limits what i can to online, so as a result i only spent 1 hour or so before i get tired of waiting for thing to load

Ask a Question