Bargain 5 Free Online Open Source Books for Beginners

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://ostatic.com/blog/5-free-online-open-source-books-for-beginners

If you use any of the programs mentioned then these books are worth a read.

nod.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Excellent link :thumb:

I'll definitely be taking a browse through Grokking The Gimp.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
"For many more free manuals and guides to open source applications, and platforms, see FLOSS Manuals' many other offerings. "

This sentance at the bottom of the page leads to some excellent manuals for some of the more popular GNU/Linux programs. Well laid out and easy to follow.
I'll have to get around to trying the Gimp but so far it just looks a bit complicated, maybe when the weather gets worse and I have cabin fever.

nod.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
"For many more free manuals and guides to open source applications, and platforms, see FLOSS Manuals' many other offerings. "

This sentance at the bottom of the page leads to some excellent manuals for some of the more popular GNU/Linux programs. Well laid out and easy to follow.
I'll have to get around to trying the Gimp but so far it just looks a bit complicated, maybe when the weather gets worse and I have cabin fever.

nod.gif

Alright, don't go mad, the Gimp book is fine for now ;)

Ask a Question