£40 down the toilet or did I get a bargin ??

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Just won this,

Here i have for sale this ECS Geforce 6100 sm-mv:1.0 ht2000 motherboard, its for amd proccesors and supports all the 64x 2 proccessors, im not sure about phenom,

Taken out of (my) working system so is in full working order, doesnt come in original box but have packed in anti static bag and placed in another brand mobo box just to keep protected.

Motherboard also comes with a brand new and sealed copy of windows xp, service pack 2, oem. again this is brand new and comes with certificate of authenticity.

List of what your bidding for

1. Motherboard only, no drivers or backplate included

2. Geniune copy of windows xp service pack 2 new and sealed, OEM.

bidding is started low, with no reserve, happy bidding and good luck.

Is that board any good ? I am intending to use it for general pc stuff and some medium gaming, no overclocking.

Hope that Windows is a legal copy.

nod.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
2. Geniune copy of windows xp service pack 2 new and sealed, OEM.
nod.gif
Er, XP Service Pack is free to download from Microsoft, so why buy it?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
feckit said:
Er, XP Service Pack is free to download from Microsoft, so why buy it?

Oh crap, might need a bit of clarification, is it XP with SP2 or just SP2 on CD??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure it will be a full version of Windows XP, it just happens to be SP2 :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Drat, hmmmm,

Motherboard also comes with a brand new and sealed copy of windows xp, service pack 2, oem. again this is brand new and comes with certificate of authenticity.

SP2 on its own does not need a CoA and there is a comma after windows xp. So if he just sends me a SP2 then I'll demand me money back on the grounds of false advertising.

:(

I must remember not to smoke whilst bidding on E-Bay. :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There isn't such a thing as an OEM copy of Service Pack 2 so it's gotta be Win XP.

Simple :)

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
I'll soon know one way or the other.
user.gif

I hope it arrives > Rush qoute> Ebay>
I dont believe it a 10KG yes 10KG parcel sent via Parcelforce and last tracked as recieved in its Glasgow depot has gone missing and despite numerous emails i have been told its lost for good
wallbash.gif

2` x 2` x 2` and its gone...absolutely unbelievable :mad:

Whoops..................

It must be XP its from Ebay aint it:rolleyes:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Parcel arrived. Mobo and a sealed XP with COA sticker. Whooopeeee ! Now will the board work ??

:D:D:D:D:D

Penguins know how to shop, well they would do as they are from the norf.

:p
laughingsmiley.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well I finaly fired the mobo up and it seems to work just fine. But I can not connect to the internet. I get a message saying that I do not have an adapter ? I have a RJ-45 port and "Broadcom AC131 10/100 Lan Phy" do these just enable me to connect to a local network but not to the net? Do I need an add-on card of some sort?

Looks as though the XP may be a fake. How do I confirm this ?? I have been to the Microsoft site and it says that the hologram on the disc, thats the little oblong one with"Microsoft" inside it should change to "Genuine", mine does not, everything else looks kosher though.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Well I finaly fired the mobo up and it seems to work just fine. But I can not connect to the internet. I get a message saying that I do not have an adapter ? I have a RJ-45 port and "Broadcom AC131 10/100 Lan Phy" do these just enable me to connect to a local network but not to the net? Do I need an add-on card of some sort?

No, you don't need an add-on card.

Can you see your other computer(s) via the network? If you can you should be able to share your 'main' computer's network connection. This is usually done through a 'wizard' type thingie with the motherboard's ethernet software.

I'm assuming you're using Windows here, if it's Linux I don't know, depends on your Distro.

Big Hairy Northerner said:
Looks as though the XP may be a fake. How do I confirm this ?? I have been to the Microsoft site and it says that the hologram on the disc, thats the little oblong one with"Microsoft" inside it should change to "Genuine", mine does not, everything else looks kosher though.

Did it register online?

If it did and you can download Windows updates, you're doing ok.

If it is a fake and you check it out with MS, there may be a chance that they will disown it when you next try to update.

My advice, which is really really naughty, is 'let sleeping dogs lie' ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I cann't get on the net.I have a RJ-45 port and "Broadcom AC131 10/100 Lan Phy" on the pc. However I can not see a Ethernet Adapter in device manager. So is my pc equiped with local networking tools or am I able to connect to the net directly with the pc? Have I just missed out some setting somewhere? Or missed out loading a driver?
I'm not trying to network this pc as it is intended as a stand alone pc.

As to the XP I am intending to use it on my next build for myself. So I want a fully legal OS. I just wanted to know if there was a way to verify the legality of the COA before I installed. Also if it is illegal I'll just claim me loot back from e-bay.

user.gif

Reaction score
Is that ethernet port on board or on PCI slot?

You sure you don't see it in device manager? When you plug cable into the port do any lights come on if so what colour and how many? :)

questions questions questions.............

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Install MB drivers and/or look in the BIOS ... :rolleyes:

You will be "told" once you install the OS if it's a good 'un. ;)

:user: