3GB SATA Vs 6GB SATA

CSB

Reaction score
Right, where to begin. noticed an interesting feature between a Crucial C300 SSD 128GB Drive and a Kingston V+ 128GB SSD Drive. The latter I own.

Any one know why the Crucial drive can be used on a 6GB Mobo connection and the Kingston on a 3GB Mobo connection, yet the Kingston V+ gives slightly better read/write capabilities.

I used to think all SSD Drives used a 6GB connection as it gives greater bandwidth ?

Oh well, I'd be waiting forever to build a system if I insisted on checking every little spec/review of components and comparing them. My Kingston drive will do me.

EDIT: Crucial C300 - Read up to 355MB/s, Write up to 140MB/s. Kingston V+ - Sequential Read Throughput — 230 MB/s :( Sequential Write Throughput — 180 MB/s :)

Why would Kingston only go up to 3GB when 6GB is a no brainer. Already opened my Kingston drive box.

Also just read up that this MODEL is supposed to be the latest Kingston V+ version according to alot of review sites (maybe the reviews were more than a month ago or something).

But when looking on Amazon again, just a bit below you can see some wording that says "There is a newer model available" and shows the one I have which (currently unavailable from Amazon as its now being sold by a third party seller for more money). Where does all these Model numbers end, its like the fiasco with CPU's numbers some years ago lol.

Last edited:

CSB

Reaction score
No replies in over a week :(, not complaining, just thought it would spark some opinions.

It still boggles me why Kingston don't use the 6GB Interface, whilst they allow their competition to take advantage of it.

CSB

Reaction score
Thanks for the link V_R, possibly maybe the reason why there is little difference is due to poor implementation of the tech ???. Who knows.

Ask a Question