Windows 7 32 or 64Bit

Reaction score
OK, i know that 32bit will only see up to 4GB RAM(actual 3.4GB) and that 64Bit is the way forward etc
Thinking of going for the Ultimate 64Bit version of Windows7 to include the XP Mode running.
Any pitfalls going down this route?

My printer does have drivers for the 64Bit version.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd go for 64 bit - the only real drawback is if you have some older hardware that doesn't have x64 drivers. :)

I'm using x64 and the only thing I had problems with was a very old scanner (about 8 years old). Everything else works a treat!

Reaction score
Yes, Ian 64Bit seems the way to go.
My Epson Printer has drivers ok for it.
And i dont have any other gadgets or games that will be a problem as i dont own any!!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
64bit

If you bought your kit off a really decent manufacturer, something like an HP printer, then you should have no problems with drivers ... anyone still using an HP 500, there are 64 bit drivers available. ;-)

[rant on]
Now, I wonder what Logitech have, oh yeah, I know the answer, they only got 64MB 32 bit drivers for your mouse ... press a button, nothing happens.
[rant off]

*waves

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
64 Bit.

I'd almost say RIP 32 Bit.

If you look at my 'It's Arrived' thread it may give you some confidence :)

Ask a Question