3 icon questions...........

#1. Can you change your default icons like your HOME, PRINTER, or My Computer
icons? If so, how do you change it? I know how to change the icons for the
links toolbar, but I haven't been able to change my HOME icon or FOLDERS icon.

#2. Can you resize the icons on the toolbar for the links? If so, how? I've
been messing with the Control Panel>Display>Appearance>Advance feature, but
can't figure it out????????

#3. I found some threads that mention the fact that you can chage a .jpg
extension to .ico extension. Can someone tell me how?? I have some .jpgs that
I'd love to use as icons.

I'm running Windows XP Home, Internet Explorer

Thanks,
~Paula

David Candy

Make a shortcut to whatever and change that icon. For My Comp go to Start - Control Panel - Display - Desktop - Customise Desktop.

Windows can use bmps as icons. Use Paint to convert. It's best to resize to 32 x 32 or you'll waste memory (a 1 meg icon is not a good idea). Rename the bmp file to ico if using a dialog to set an icon as most won't browse for bmp. The upper left pixel of the bmp sets the transparent colour that in XP shows as black, at least on my system.

David Candy

www.mvps.org/serenitymacros/icon.html