2003SDK, ARMV4 questions

chris-s

Hi folks,

We've been developing PPC apps focusing a single manufacturers device, and
intend to remain doing this for the forseeable future. Up until now we have
been deploying on PPC2002 PXA 250 devices and building our apps using the
2002SDK and ARM build.

Recently the manufacturer have released their devices with PPC2003 and
PXA255 cpu's. Can somebody confirm that we should now use an 'ARMV4' build?
Is this dictacted by the OS version or processor type?

Also, should we install and build using the 2003SDK, despite initial testing
shows that a 2002 build works on 2003 ok?

Providing we do not use any specific 2003 p/invokes, will these builds still
be compatible with PPC2002?

Is there a list of what the 2003SDK changes over 2002SDK?

I said the 2002 build works ok on 2003, well, thats not quite true, we get a
couple of odd things when installing the cab...

1 - the start-menu shortcut is no longer created
2 - we get a new program files shortcut each time it is installed

Cheers,

Chris

Zahid

Hi,

I had a similar enquiry a couple of weeks ago. Visit this
link:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-
8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=OG7%23JkYxDHA.2568%
40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%
3Dlang_en%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26scoring%3Dd%26q%
3DPocketPC%2BProcessors%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch%26meta%
3Dgroup%
253Dmicrosoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

As far as I understood, all PocketPC devices are ARM. Its
a difference case when its not a PocketPC device but
a "WinCE" device.

HTH

Zahid.

Mike Rochleau-Rice

chris-s said:
I said the 2002 build works ok on 2003, well, thats not quite true, we get a
couple of odd things when installing the cab...

1 - the start-menu shortcut is no longer created
2 - we get a new program files shortcut each time it is installed
Chris

I've noticed this shortcut problem with 2003 as well. By changing the
..inf file [Shortcuts] section to explicitly define the shortcut
destination (i.e. "\windows\Start Menu") instead of using the macro
string (%CE17%) I've been able to get the shortcut to show up in the
right location.

Mike

chris-s

Thanks Mike, I will give that a go.