2003 Outlook and A T & T dsl provider: They refuse to support Outl

Technical Confusion sayit4u

I am having and have had nothing but problems with AT&T and OUtlook. THey
give you special encrypted nos. for ssl pop3 and smtp boxes but it still will
not work. I keep getting internal seriver error no matter what I do. Do I
can send and recieve with my outlook for my pop.att.yahoo.com email. Does
any one have a clue or is the DSL A T & T just trying to put Microsoft
OUtlook out of business.

DL

Many ISP's do not support Outlook, its primarily because Outlook is more
than just a mail handler.
Generally the outlook settings are identical to the settings given for
Outlook Express.
If you have any Anti Virus or other scanning tools intergrated with Outlook,
the first thing would be to uninstall these.
Having done that, cleared temp files & rebooted, then run Outlook
Detect/Repair, start outlook and report back with the exact err.msgs

"Technical Confusion sayit4u" <Technical Confusion
news:[email protected]...

N. Miller

I am having and have had nothing but problems with AT&T and OUtlook. THey
give you special encrypted nos. for ssl pop3 and smtp boxes but it still will
not work. I keep getting internal seriver error no matter what I do. Do I
can send and recieve with my outlook for my pop.att.yahoo.com email. Does
any one have a clue or is the DSL A T & T just trying to put Microsoft
OUtlook out of business.

MS Outlook 2003 has known issues with SSL enabled servers for versions prior
to SP1. Do you have OL SP1 installed?

MS Outlook 2003 has also had issues with corrupt Digital IDs. Do you have
any Digital IDs installed?

MS Outlook 2003 has also had issues when running while Windows Live OncCare
is installed. Are you running Windows Live OneCare?

AT&T has contracted with Yahoo! for email service, so the issue is with the
Yahoo! Mail servers; 'pop.att.yahoo.com:465', and 'smtp.att.yahoo.com:465'.

While I don't use MS Outlook 2003 (or any other version), I've had no
trouble with the Yahoo! servers using a wad of other clients: MS Outlook
Express 6, Windows Live Mail 12.0.1606, Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.17,
Seamonkey 1.1.12, and Pegasus Mail 4.41. The Yahoo! servers are a common
variety of Linux, or Unix mail server. I find it hard to believe that their
servers, not Outlook, are the problem.

And, considering that MSFT is sufficiently strong, financially, to make a
bid to buy YHOO, I find it hard to believe that Yahoo! would be in a
position to try and drive Microsoft under.

Purple Haze

I have OUTLOOK 2003. I had a Cox email address which worked beautifully with
Outlook. Well, I switched to ATT DSL a week ago and have had nothing but
problems since. I keep getting these errors. Sending reported
error.Connection to server interrupted. Address not verified.
1. MY ADDRESS IS VERFIED
2. MOST OF THE TIME WHEN I GET THIS WEEOR, THE OUTBOX IS CLEAR AND THE EMAIL
SENT BUT I STILL GET THIS ERROR.
3. SOMETIMES I HAVE TO GET ALL THE WAY OUT OF OUTLOOK AND GET BACK IN FOR
THE EMAILS TO BE SENT.

I have all the correct settings in outlook per ATT. They say it's a Outlook
problem.
can anybody help please????

N. Miller

I have OUTLOOK 2003. I had a Cox email address which worked beautifully with
Outlook. Well, I switched to ATT DSL a week ago and have had nothing but
problems since. I keep getting these errors. Sending reported
error.Connection to server interrupted. Address not verified.
1. MY ADDRESS IS VERFIED

How did you verify your email address? There are specific steps required for
the Yahoo! mail servers to accept email for delivery.
2. MOST OF THE TIME WHEN I GET THIS WEEOR, THE OUTBOX IS CLEAR AND THE EMAIL
SENT BUT I STILL GET THIS ERROR.
3. SOMETIMES I HAVE TO GET ALL THE WAY OUT OF OUTLOOK AND GET BACK IN FOR
THE EMAILS TO BE SENT.

I have all the correct settings in outlook per ATT. They say it's a Outlook
problem.
can anybody help please????

Outlook 2003 has a known bug when used with SSL enabled servers, such as
'smtp.att.yahoo.com:465'. Additionally, there are reports of problems with
corrupt Digital IDs, and with Windows Live OneCare.

When you were with Cox, you probably did not use port 465, or SSL. And Cox
didn't care whether you sent "From:" '%User_ID%@cox.net', or
'%[email protected]'.

AT&T has contracted with Yahoo! to provide email service, and Yahoo!
requires that you use port 465 w/SSL, and that you use the same "From:"
email address as you used to log in to the server. So you need to learn what
works with the servers you now have to use. Update to the latest Service
Pack for MS Outlook 2003. Follow the steps outlined here to verify your
"From:" email address, if you are using different than the 'att.net, or
'sbcglobal.net' email address you got with the account:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/manage/sendfrom-07.html

And check your DigitalIDs.

Or, alternatively, you can use 'smtpauth.sbcglobal.net'.

Pat Willener

I don't know ATT and what their problem(s) could be; I also don't know
what these "special encrypted nos" could be.

What email clients do they officially support? If I were in your
situation I would first try with a client that they do support, e.g.
Outlook Express. If you can get it to work there, it means that your
account is correctly set up at the server side. Next I would use exactly
the same settings back in Outlook, and all should (hopefully) be well.

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Technical Confusion sayit4u" <Technical Confusion
I am having and have had nothing but problems with AT&T and OUtlook. THey
give you special encrypted nos. for ssl pop3 and smtp boxes but it still
will
not work. I keep getting internal seriver error no matter what I do. Do
can send and recieve with my outlook for my pop.att.yahoo.com email.
Does
any one have a clue or is the DSL A T & T just trying to put Microsoft
OUtlook out of business.

AT&T contracts with Yahoo for email. Normally, the settings AT&T gave you
work perfectly well with Outlook (I use it every day). If you're getting
server error messages, it could very well be a server error and Outlook may
have nothing to do with it. Please post the exact entire text of one of
those errors (except to hide any mail addresses contained) and post as well
exactly how you've configured your incoming and outgoing servers.