A

PACKARD BELL PULSAR 20

PN: P030101801

FN: QGBNF

SN: 6670700796

MOTHERBOARD NO'S
AA 682294-302
E139761
I WANT TO PUT A 20 GIG HARD DRIVE IN MY COMPUTER IT HAS A 3 GIG IN AT THE MOMENT BUT IT WILL NOT RECOGNIZE THE BIGGER HARD DRIVE DO I NEED TO MOVE A JUMPER OR IS IT A BIOS UPDATE IF IT IS COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME UPDATE OR TELL ME WHAT JUMPERS TO MOVE (DIAGRAM PLEASE)

I DO HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME

MANY THANKS

CHARLIE

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Please don't type all in capitals, it makes it very hard to read! :)

Have you got the 3GB hard drive in already and working, and you want to add in the 20GB as a second drive? (or did you want to replace it).

Also, did you add the hard drive on the same cable as the existing one or did you use a 2nd IDE cable?

If you can answer those questions I'm sure we can point you in the right direction, as I'm guessing you just need to sort out the slave/master config if you have them installed as I'm thinking.

Reaction score
Ian
sorry for capitals hope this is better iam trying to replace 3 gig hard drive for a 20gig so it is only on one cable but it not go up to 20 gig hard drive only small drive it seems that the bios will only go up to a certain size could it be an update do you think i have looked for drivers for board but to no avail can you help me please
many thanks Charlie

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry ... you are waisting your time.

That PC is 6years old ... that makes it 60years old in technology terms ... it is a, err, a door stop. Sorry.

user.gif

Ask a Question