Formatting A Split Hard Drive

BSD

Reaction score
Before I formatted my 20 gig hard drive, it was split into 2 sections (drives C and D, both visible after I clicked on "My Computer"). After formatting it and reinstalling Windows 98 SE, I only have a C drive on the hard disk. However, my computer indicates that drive C is only 12 gigs, not 20. I doesn't seem to recognize the space I used on the hard drive for drive D before I formatted it. What did I do wrong and how could I fix this? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
BSD
:confused:

Reaction score
I think partition magic would also do the same job, probably a little easier too. Gives you diagrams as to how your space is alocated and you can change the size of your partitions etc etc...

BSD

Reaction score
OK. I'll run FDISK (that's on the Windows Startup Disk, right?). I'll give partition magic a try too, if needed. Thanx.

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK. I'll run FDISK (that's on the Windows Startup Disk, right?). I'll give partition magic a try too, if needed. Thanx.

yes

Ask a Question