1024 x 576 Video

John Kelly

Hello,

I am uploading a file to my website that will give you an idea how
important it is to use still images that are the correct size rather than
the now known to be wrong advice of making your stills a silly size that is
smaller than the target size of your video.

I have extracted a bit of video from one of my recent DVD's. This
particular clip is made from still images that were first cropped so as to
conform to the ratio 16:9 and then re sampled so that their size was 1024 x
576 pixels (I'm working with PAL) They were then strung together in Nero
and added to an existing project. The file I am uploading is rather large
but OK for anyone on Broadband...I guess its going to be a while yet...you
will know when its ready for download...a new page will appear from the
main menu.

The video file is in the MPeg format...converting it to AVI uncompressed
resulted an a 12Gb file...It would have had to be an uncompressed format
because any new compression would have detracted from what I wanted to show
and that is, Quality, that thing you get when you do the job properly and
not as recently described by another, ill-conceived method

Anyone wanting too can discus it further in the Common Rooms at my web
site, because I am not coming back here. I have seen REHAN (WILL TRY HARDER
NEXT TIME) bite the dust and that was a real laugh, I have watched
paperjohn tell proven lies one after the other about his abilities (and it
would seem that he does not really have any) and I have seen those lies
defended by almost all of the MVP's. You should all know as well that not
all of the MVP's like paperjohn and a small but growing number of them have
had a quiet laugh about REHAN (WILL TRY HARDER NEXT TIME) and I am NOT
including Al Stu in any of these comments. They do not want to be
identified, and I can not say I blame them. I have witnessed the blind bias
exhibited by Mr Brown and Eddy (a letter is on the way by the way) Between
us we have decided the only way the situation could be put right is if
certain people were sacked...and of course that won't happen

So Bye Bye PapaerJohn (LIAR) and REHAN (WILL TRY HARDER NEXT TIME) and
Hughes (Who for some reason wanted me to know he was on Benefits...go
figure) Reply and say anything you like, I won't mind a bit, I won't even
know.

Do please feel free to download the video though, it would be nice to be a
fly on the wall when you see real quality created as a result of doing the
job properly LOLOLOL

--
Kelly Secundus
www.the-kellys.org

PapaJohn

"...Do please feel free to download the video though, it would be nice to be
fly on the wall when you see real quality..."

It's the first time I tried your link in months, and only because you
offered the file... but I'm blocked and can't get it offered...

I guess the blocking over-rides the offer... let me know if you decide to
let me download it...

Al Stu - MVP

John, I hope you get this before unsubscribing. Please don't go, I need you
here. This is not toung'n check, I am serious. At the very least please
monitor (lurk).

--

Al Stu - MVP
Strive to learn rather than to be right, and you will end up being right.

Copyright © 2005, Al Stu (2348410). All Rights Reserved.

Graham Hughes

So Bye Bye PapaerJohn (LIAR) and REHAN (WILL TRY HARDER NEXT TIME) and
Hughes (Who for some reason wanted me to know he was on Benefits...go
figure)

I never said that. What I did say was in a conversation with Al Stu, who, I
didn't know was you at the time, but thanks for clarifying that for us.

Reply and say anything you like, I won't mind a bit, I won't even

Al Stu - MVP

Whoa there Nelly back that train up. You take that back. Don't be
spreading rumors that I'm someone else unless you are prepared to prove it
buster.

There you go assuming again.

Graham Hughes

I only reiterated what John Kelly wrote....
John Kelly said I told him that I was on benefits.
I said nothing of the sort to John Kelly or anyone else.
I said Al Stu may be on benefits, in a reply to Al Stu.
If John Kelly isn't Al Stu, why does he think I was talking to John Kelly?

I think this arguement backs my statement up quite well.

Now if you would like to prove that you are not John Kelly, then please go
ahead, I'm happy to take it back when given the proof.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

Al Stu - MVP

I don't know, you'd have to ask John why he things that. I can't tell from
this distance what's inside is head but I can tell it has at least one more
digit of IQ than whatever is in your head.

Proof is up to the accuser. You shouldn't make false accusations you can
not prove. It most definitely shows your true colors.

Al Stu - MVP

You gave far fetched speculation on which you based false accusation, and
apparently may have convinced others to do so as well.

--

Al Stu - MVP
If your world is flat, be careful not to step over the edge.

Al Stu - MVP said:
You gave far fetched speculation
Hardly, I quoted from a post made by John Kelly

on which you based false accusation,
I've seen nothing to disprove it.

and
apparently may have convinced others to do so as well.
I'm sure they base their own judgements on replies you make to their posts.

Why not just prove I'm wrong, I'm only to happy to apologise if you do.

I wait, but not holding my breath.

Al Stu - MVP

As I've said before, proof is the responsibility of the accuser.

The longer you go on making false and unsubstantiated accusations just makes
you look all the more ridicules and shows just what sort of a person you
really are. Especially since there is reasonable proof practically at your
finger tips.

--

Al Stu - MVP
If your world is flat, be careful not to step over the edge.

Copyright © 2005, Al Stu (2348410). All Rights Reserved.

eeyore

err.......
While not knowing either of you and therefor accepting statements prima
facae
I think the 'accuser' has presented a reasonable piece of evidence.
Of course it may be that:
the accuser did actually speak to John Kelly and that he did actually
say he was on benefits rather than telling the 'defendant'
however, given the history of discourse I find that unlikely.

It may be that the defendant passed on a misinterpretation of the
accusers statements to John Kelly, leading Mr Kelly to repeat a
falsehood in an attempt to discredit one of his targets. This would
reasonably lead the accuser to a false but reasonable proposition that
Al Stu and John Kelly were one and the same. Of course if this were the
case the Defendant would immediately provide that advice rather than
continue the accusers misapprehension.

If the defendant is not John Kelly it may be difficult to 'prove' this
without giving out personal contact information.....Under the
circumstances I would understand if he chose not to.

I do think it interesting that immediately John Kelly left Al Stu took
up the mantle of attacking a set of people on a personal level and with
a level of obsession that appears unwarranted. I am not sure whether
members believe they need this level of conflict in the group to make it
work. While I believe disagreements enhance knowledge, personal attacks
do not.

The sensible approach adopted by Microsoft, Rehan (while I am not
condoning his statements on another site that have spilled over into
this group) and Papajohn of ignoring the personal attacks and insults,
sticking to moviemaker issues, seems to me to be the most effective way
to deal with this issue. That applies to both sides.

It will be interesting to see if any of the members of the personal
discourse splattered across this group can rise above the petty,
irrelevant personal attacks and stick to the subject.

Rob

Al Stu - MVP

While I agree with some of your comments, some I also disagree with. But
I'm not going to argue the points because I just take them as your opinion,
which you are entitle too.

I will say that John Kelly's has been in this new group for quite some time
and apparently has gotten a pretty good feel for how certain people respond
to certain things and may have made some comments to plant a seed knowing
full well some people would be gullible enough to water it and eat of the
fruit, slandering me by accusing me of being him. And they did. Please
note, this is all just pure speculation on my part. I have no knowledge as
to any actual intent or knowledge John Kelly may have had.

I actually find it quite hilarious though that so called professional people
here are so gullible and seem to take things so personally.

Also, regardless of whether I provide positive identification to prove I am
not John Kelly, it is also my opinion that those people either need to
provide positive prove of their accusation or extend an apology. But based
on the integrity I've seen them display I certainly will not hold my breath
for one.

--

Al Stu - MVP
If your world is flat, be careful not to step over the edge.

Copyright © 2005, Al Stu (2348410). All Rights Reserved.

Bob [MVP]

I actually find it quite hilarious though that so called professional people
here are so gullible and seem to take things so personally.

YOU personally attacked several of the "so called professional people"
in this newsgroup. Now you find it hilarious that someone would take
a personal attack personally? Oh, that makes a lot of sense.

And THAT unprofessional behavior on your part is what led some
of us to the conclusion that you probably are John Kelly
(after Graham initially arrived at that conclusion).

I have never seen any actual MVP initiate personal attacks
against anyone in this newsgroup. John Kelly, on the other
hand...

Re-read the threads in question, and you will clearly see the
points where YOU crossed the line, changing the threads from
technical discussions to flame wars.

This will be my last reply to anything you post. Have a nice
life.

--
-Bob
_______________________________

John Kelly

Hello Al,

Others have been leaving messages about how you are getting a lashing off
the demonstrable LIARS in this newsgroup. We have a growing number of MVP's
it would seem that are LIARS and who have promised to TRY HARDER NEXT
TIME...pathetic to the last

You will I am sure be pleased to see the proof that HUGHES is also a LIAR.
Take a read of the message I have included after my signature. The LIAR
HUGHES ^^^^^WAS^^^^ replying to a message from me when he made the remark
about benefits...he also said in that message that PROOF IS UP TO THE
ACCUSER....he is not even consistent where that cliche applies is he...what
a sick load of morons these people are

I am sorry the "professionals" LOL think you are me. Its a good
demonstration from them that when they are again proven to be wrong they
latch onto anyone and anything they can and make it look as though someone
else is too blame and not them.

Leaving for foreign parts shortly and will not be back for a while (weeks)
But I will look forward to seeing the report that the LIAR HUGHES has
withdraw his statement that he was replying to someone else other than me.
I will also look for completion of his own comments, "Its up to the accuser
to provide the proof"....you will never get it though AL, these people
stick together like a certain substance you might accidentally put your
foot in on a hot sunny day. Very undesirable and hard to wipe off.

P.S.
Had to link into the newsgroup again and do a search for the message that
shoots HUGHES out of the sky....It took around two minutes to find the
proof of his LIES....surely someone on Benefits could have found it even
quicker...they have nothing else to do....if they are on Benefits....I will
have to dig out a phone number I used to use every now and then...there is
a whole Dept that will be interested in those sort of things. Is this
over??? Like hell it is.

--
John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org

From: "Graham Hughes" <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]> <zPNue.14811$tG.5844@trnddc05>
<[email protected]> <C2Oue.14815$tG.4292@trnddc05>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<#[email protected]>
<#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Movie Maker expert joins The DV Show
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:07:22 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

Well we all know you had a job and got paid for it, you tell us often
enough, so what's wrong with PJ having a job and getting paid for it? I
shouldn't think there are that many on state benefit who sit here and answer

questions....

More importantly.
I'd be interested to know under whose control I am, please tell me.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

John Kelly

Yawn..................

--
John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
Truthfully, I am not an Instant Expert, But I know someone who is going to
have to try a LOT harder
\|||/
(oo)
----------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------------
All material gained from other sources is duly acknowledged. No Value is
obtained by publishing in any format other peoples work

John Kelly

Well eeyore.....HUGHES did make the remark to ME and WAS NOT replying to Al
Stu.

Therefore all of your supposition goes right out of the window.

Instead of playing at the speculation game...you would have been much better
served by making a few very basic enquiries to determine the truth for
yourself. Your highly biased comments are no more than clap trap.

For the PROOF see a message posted by me a few minutes back which after my
sig clearly displays the full message from the LIAR HUGHES where his
professionally guided comments made him look stupid and very slimy then, and
to which he has latter added one lie after another since.....how do you like
the MVP's in here NOW ??

--
John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
Truthfully, I am not an Instant Expert, But I know someone who is going to
have to try a LOT harder
\|||/
(oo)
----------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------------
All material gained from other sources is duly acknowledged. No Value is
obtained by publishing in any format other peoples work

John Kelly

This is the usual cop-out by someone who knows that he is actually WRONG and
rather than continue with your LIES you now think that it would be better to
shut-up before some one reveals that everything you have recently said is in
fact a LIE...that is NOTHING YOU HAVE SAID IS TRUTHFULL on this
subject...Got It Yet HUGHES ?????

Sorry to have blown you out of the water...you were so much a nicer person
before you showed your true colours.