Windows XP 0xc0000005 Error Message

Reaction score
When I start up my computer it goes through the normal windows xp startup windows. it then takes me to my desktop, where i am unable to see any icons or start menu!!! I cant even press Ctrl + Alt +Del.

It then stays like that for about 4 mins and then goes to a blue screen where I receive the following message.

STOP: C000021a (Fatal System Error)
The Windows Subsystem System Process Terminated Unexpectedly With a Status of 0xc0000005 (0x7c9106c3 0x00fcf28c).
The System Has Shut Down.

I would really appreciate any help on this! does anyone know what I should do, or what the problem is?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hiya,

Sounds like windows explorer is having trouble's running and causing the blue screen...has any new software or hardware been installed prior to this or has anything just been done to the system when this started?

Cheers.

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply.

No programs have been recently installed on the computer. The problem is I can't do anything within windows because as i said before when I start the computer none of my icons appear, and i cant see a start menu.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hiya,

Have you tried booting up in safe mode(by pressing the F8 key just after the BIOS screen and before the windows logo comes up) Select safemode and see if it lets you into windows...do you have Anti virus software installed and running on the PC?

Cheers.

Reaction score
yeah i've got norton running on the computer. I've just tried safe mode and it wont let me into windows.

It just seemed to happen when i turned it one one day, not sure what happened?!

any other ideas?

Cheers

Ask a Question