0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

slw2305

Account: 'mail.virgin.net', Server: 'mail.virgin.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] Internal login failure. Refer to server log
for more information.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Been using windows mail on my vista laptop for over a month with no problems
- tonight i logged on to find that a windows security box pops up asking me
to verify my username & password. I have entered the correct username and
password repeatedly without success but I can access other email accounts on
the same server without error.

Any suggestions?

Gary VanderMolen

There's nothing you can do from your end to fix it.
There is something wrong with the mailbox on the server.
Call customer service and ask them to reset the server mailbox.

grammah

Hi, do I get in touch with Windows mail customer service or my internet
provider?
Thanks so much.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

slw2305 said:
Account: 'mail.virgin.net', Server: 'mail.virgin.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] Internal login failure. Refer to server log
for more information.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Been using windows mail on my vista laptop for over a month with no problems
- tonight i logged on to find that a windows security box pops up asking me
to verify my username & password. I have entered the correct username and
password repeatedly without success but I can access other email accounts on
the same server without error.

Any suggestions?

Gary VanderMolen

There is no such thing as Windows Mail customer service.
The responders here can help you with problems internal to Windows
Mail, but we have no control over servers owned by the various mail
service providers.

Presumably you get billed monthly for your Internet service. There should
be a customer service phone number on that billing statement. Or you
can look on your ISP's website for 'contact us' information:
http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/contact/?category=portal&app=contact

--

slw2305 said:
Account: 'mail.virgin.net', Server: 'mail.virgin.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] Internal login failure. Refer to server log
for more information.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Been using windows mail on my vista laptop for over a month with no problems
- tonight i logged on to find that a windows security box pops up asking me
to verify my username & password. I have entered the correct username and
password repeatedly without success but I can access other email accounts on
the same server without error.

Any suggestions?

Peter

Gary, i'm sorry this is a late post, but this is in error. I've had my
shawmail.cg.shawcable.net working just dandy for in/outgoing servers for my
shawmail email account. I work for my isp in the TSR dept, and have the
correct settings. What I DID to CORRECT was... under the "servers" tab, I
changed "log on using clear text auth" to "log on using secure pw auth",
clicked apply, ok, hit sync, auto fail, then I changed it back to log on
using clear text auth. And low and behold, SUDDENLY it sync'd, downloaded my
email, sent my outbox emails, and a few test emails also came back properly...

Suddenly, by switching a setting, then going back, ALL works fine...

Nothing related to the ISP at all fyi.......

- Peter. Shaw TSR

P.S. Yes there is a windows live mail support team, Just call microsoft, for
vista home premium support / windows 7, and it works very well. It's a long
process to get through their extensive prompts, but so worth it.

slw2305 said:
Account: 'mail.virgin.net', Server: 'mail.virgin.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] Internal login failure. Refer to server log
for more information.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Been using windows mail on my vista laptop for over a month with no problems
- tonight i logged on to find that a windows security box pops up asking me
to verify my username & password. I have entered the correct username and
password repeatedly without success but I can access other email accounts on
the same server without error.

Any suggestions?

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

I'm not sure how your experience with Shawmail relates to my response to
a Virgin.net user. Different users, different mail servers, different problems.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)