0x80004005 error message - driving me mad !! help please

Chris22

I am using Windows Vista with Windows Mail and logged in this morning and
clicked send/receive and it came up with this message:

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Chris @ Home', Server:
'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x80004005

How can I get rid of it? I have uninstalled Nortons Internet Security and it
still happens. Please help.

Thanks

Gary VanderMolen

The 0x80004005 error is usually a result of a corrupted message
structure on the server.
In your browser go to your provider's webmail portal and log in.
Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you want to save
any messages, create a new folder and move those messages to the
new folder. Empty the spam and thrash folders also. Close webmail,
then try Windows Mail again.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Chris22" wrote in message
I am using Windows Vista with Windows Mail and logged in this morning and
clicked send/receive and it came up with this message:

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Chris @ Home', Server:
'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x80004005

How can I get rid of it? I have uninstalled Nortons Internet Security and it
still happens. Please help.

Thanks

lnzjohn

I too am having problems lately with sending emails. I am getting similar
error messages. What is going on? How do I correct?

Chris22

I have done what you said and although the email send/receives, it doesn't download any messages so I sent a test message and suddenly it doesn't work again.

What could it be?

Mary Winters

It is the same with my emails. I cannot get rid of one to British Gas and now
every message I send goes into outbox instead of being sent. I have had 2
sessions with BT Broadband help service and been to 2 E.T. shops but no-one
can get rid of this message. Please help.
WMW

djaskot23

I'm getting this message when I hit 'send/receive'. Not sure why it is
happening, never happened before. I am unable to send or receive any emails.
Please help!

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.blueboxgrid.com',
Server: 'mail.blueboxgrid.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

Gary VanderMolen

So did you try the fix I suggested?

"Mary Winters" wrote in message
It is the same with my emails. I cannot get rid of one to British Gas and now
every message I send goes into outbox instead of being sent. I have had 2
sessions with BT Broadband help service and been to 2 E.T. shops but no-one
can get rid of this message. Please help.
WMW

Steve Cochran

After uninstalling Norton, you need to completely remove your mail account and then close and reopen WinMail and set it up again. Norton screws up the account settings and that will fix them.

steve

Joined
Nov 25, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Having the same problems. I can't access my Windows Mail. It won't receive & have to use Web Mail. Have seen the instructions on here & tried to follow but have over 13K of deleted items to try to clear.Is there a quick way to get rid of them please?