001 missing

eXistenZ

Posted to win 2000 general but no replies.
Maybe its a registry problem ?
I sure would appreciate a fix.
My PC
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version: 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4
Internet Explorer: v 6.0.2800.1106
Outlook Express: v 6.0.2800.1106
PROBLEM:
Downloading video files [ to join ]
The 001 file misses the 001
All the others have the number
EG:
Pop avi. -----this does not show 001 I have to type in 001
The rest are all ok...
Pop avi.002
Pop avi.003
Pop avi.004
Pop avi.005

This never used to happen
The files would show as:
Pop avi.001
Pop avi.002
Pop avi.003
Pop avi 004
Pop avi.005 .....etc

Any ideas why the "001" does not show up?

Any help or advice appreciated.
eXistenZ

Dave Patrick

You'll probably want to get in touch with whoever owns the web content.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Posted to win 2000 general but no replies.
| Maybe its a registry problem ?
| I sure would appreciate a fix.
| ---------------------------------------------
| My PC
| Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
| Version: 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4
| Internet Explorer: v 6.0.2800.1106
| Outlook Express: v 6.0.2800.1106
| ----------------------------------------------------
| PROBLEM:
| Downloading video files [ to join ]
| The 001 file misses the 001
| All the others have the number
| EG:
| Pop avi. -----this does not show 001 I have to type in 001
| The rest are all ok...
| Pop avi.002
| Pop avi.003
| Pop avi.004
| Pop avi.005
|
| This never used to happen
| The files would show as:
| Pop avi.001
| Pop avi.002
| Pop avi.003
| Pop avi 004
| Pop avi.005 .....etc
|
| Any ideas why the "001" does not show up?
|
| Any help or advice appreciated.
| eXistenZ

eXistenZ

Thanks David

Re:You'll probably want to get in touch with whoever owns the web content.

The web content comes from Usenet groups.
The 001 is always missing regardless of the source and, as I indicated,
this is something that did not happen previously.
Any other ideas?

Mark V

In said:
[...]

Sorry, no answer. I suspect this may be an Index.dat problem, but
if so, you need an IE forum I think. It's just a guess and FWIW.

Dave Patrick

Sorry, no ideas. Not enough info.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Thanks David
|
| Re:You'll probably want to get in touch with whoever owns the web content.
|
| The web content comes from Usenet groups.
| The 001 is always missing regardless of the source and, as I indicated,
| this is something that did not happen previously.
| Any other ideas?

Gary Smith

eXistenZ said:
Re:You'll probably want to get in touch with whoever owns the web content.
The web content comes from Usenet groups.
The 001 is always missing regardless of the source and, as I indicated,
this is something that did not happen previously.
Any other ideas?

It sounds to me as though the files are not properly identified in the
newgroup postings. If that's not the source of the problem, then it's
most likely whatever newsreader you're using. Try posting in a group
specific to the newsreader.