ZipZoomFly and DOA Hitachi SATA drives

Larc

| OK, I get it now Albert. I should ignore the opinions of 8,347
| satisfied customers and my own personal experience and believe a UseNet
| troll. Yes, that is a very mature and intelligent approach.

I've never had any bad experiences with ZipZoomFly either, but I've
never had to return anything to them. Even with a high number of
satisfied customers including me, however, I'm not quite naive enough
to claim that ZZF is incapable of doing something wrong.

Larc

jimbo

If what you say is true, (Which I don't believe) then ZipZoomFly's
customer satisfaction will go down. Not because of UseNet trolls like
you and Albert, but because of unsatisfied customers.

jimbo

Dixon Butz

I read the same complaints at Resellerratings.com
I have bought from them before. But never again with customer service
like they have.
I have rma'd parts to Newegg, and their customer service was
fantastic! Heck, you can get an instant rma from them online without
calling, or emailing them.
db

John Doe

Dixon said:
I read the same complaints at Resellerratings.com
I have bought from them before. But never again with customer service
like they have.
I have rma'd parts to Newegg, and their customer service was
fantastic! Heck, you can get an instant rma from them online without
calling, or emailing them.
db

Is that supposed to be news.

Steve Kives

Linoge said:
There's certainly something extremely fraudulent taking place at
ZipZoomFly. We ordered 4 Hitachi hard drives from them and they were
received timely. They were shrink-wrapped. When we opened them, they
were in perfect physical condition but 2 of the 4 hard drives were not
recognized by the OS and were making clicking noises when installed 9by
professional installers who built over 500 PCs in our company). We
called ZipZoomFly and got an RMA for refund (because we couldn't wait 2
weeks for replacements that might or might not be functional judging by
the 50% failure ratio of this shipment).

The drives were packed with extreme care in ZipZoomFly's own
double-foam casing and were then double-packed and shipped back to them
via FedEx ground. Tracking records show they received them on February
11, 2005. On February 15, we receive an email from an "Andy Huynh" who
apparently is the ONLY person in their returns dept. with pictures of
two Hitachi drives with severe physical damage (one of them has a whole
chunk of metal missing and the other looks like it was punctured with 6
inch nails!!! Of course their "pictures" conveniently do not show the
serial numbers of the damaged hard drives!

After over 30 calls and wait of over 2 hours collectively holding on
line on the only non-toll free phone number ZipZoomFly provides (paying
long distance tolls during the wait), I spoke to a lady named "Holly"
who was quite rude and stated that "they'd send the drives back to
Hitachi and only if Hitachi agreed to replace them they would refund
our money". I stated that this was ridiculous and that I packed the
drives personally (and they were in perfect physical shape) and also
***HAVE PICTURES** (standard procedure at our company when returning
items) of the hard drives being packed at which point "she wanted to
see the pictures". When I informed her that the pictures would be sent
directly to our credit card company and ONLY our credit card company,
she told me that "she wasn't going to spend all day on the phone with
me" and abruptly "forwarded me to a supervisor". Needless to say I got
an answering machine. I left a message but the call was never returned.

I also asked her if there was visible damage to the box so I could
claim the FedEx insurance. "Holy" stated that had there been
visible damage, they wouldn't have opened the box and they would
notify us and FedEx.

The clincher is that we've bought well over $100,000 worth of equipment
from Google Gear/ZipZoomFly in the past year and even placed a new
order (our last one of course) yesterday. Not only ZipZoomFly didn't
care we were a very large customer, they basically took our money and
sent us to hell!!!

Fortunately our loss is only $168 - being a company it's a
right-off so we won't go poor over this but I'd hate to be an
unsuspecting consumer getting scammed this way. It's a shame to see
this happening because they used to be a good company.

So, BUYER BEWARE dealing with these people-I have a suspicion there's
an inside scam running and someone is pocketing some money at
ZipZoomFly.

There's something very suspicious going on

As a $100k+ customer, you should have no problem getting the attention
of higher mgmt at zipzoomfly. Try using the toll-free sales number to
get through to them without going through the support desk, who as you
suspect may be blackholing your complaints. I found this info from
http://cnet.nytimes.com/4011-5_7-238986.html ...

General
Company name: ZipZoomFly.com
Street address: 38929 Cherry St.
Newark,  CA   94560

Order, phone, fax, and e-mail
Phone: 877-228-6958
Fax: 510-739-0500
Email: (e-mail address removed)
Hours: 8:30am-5:30pm PST

You could also send snail-mail if necessary.

With email trails, pictures, and records of your calls, you should have
no difficulty proving to them that there is a problem. They have a huge
reputation to protect, so I'd be surprised if they didn't do some
restructuring.

HTH,
-SK

Linoge