Your Favorite Little-Known Freeware?

Machine Messiah

I'd just like to ask anyone to post the names of their favorite
little-known freeware programs. Please list as many or as few as you'd
like, and no need to have links to download sites: we can probably find
those easily enough.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I will hold off on my favorites for now until others have had a chance
to contribute.

Thanks again!
snip sig.
I can't do with out this:
Right Start Menu
http://www.backtec.com/free.htm
Goes in the Systray and makes another Start Menu, add up to 66 items
now.
RSM is safe, no registry tweaks, set menu width, insert menu separators,
use parameter, and select to sort in alphabetic order or not.
Win 95/98/NT/2000/XP

Machine Messiah

Digital Audio Freeware used by filmmaker Robert Rodriguez...

A few weeks ago, I was listening to a fascinating 2002 interview with
filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, who has directed such movies as El Mariachi
(1992), Desperado (1995), From Dusk Till Dawn (1996), Spy Kids (2001),
Sin City (2005), and many others. Mr. Rodriguez is legendary for making
films on the smallest of budgets (the critically acclaimed "El
Mariachi" was shot for $7000 raised mostly by Mr. Rodriguez hiring
himself out for medical research!) He is a great believer that small
budgets force a filmmaker to be creative, whereas large studio budgets
usually bring meddling by the studio in the creative project.

In the interview, he mentioned that he had used a free program called
"Pro Tools Free" for audio work in one of the "Spy Kids" films. So I
decided to track it down. (It's available for Windows and Mac):

http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/
snip
Is there any place to get this without having to give out personal info?
http://tinyurl.com/em0n

Susan Bugher

Jim said:
YW, Heinrich - FWIW, Yankee Clipper which is an excellent scratchpad manager
also does incorporate that feature as one of its right click options IIRC.
http://www.intelexual.com/products/index.aspx

I bet there are 1001 ways to strip formatting. I usually just paste things into Treepad and copy
them again - I *always* hsve Treepad open so that's an easy way for me to do it. . .

a few apps - IIRC they're all small. . .

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_TEXT.php#1.03TextTool:StripFormatting

HovText
PureText
RemoveClipboardFormatting

HovText was just updated - they posted here a few days ago. . . lemme see. . .

Subject: HovText v2.0 released (removes formatting and clipboard manager)
From: "News" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:03:50 +0200
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

ggdbr01

Hello Gabriele:

Thank you (somewhat late!) for suggesting CLCL, the clipboard extension
utility. I just took it for a test-drive, and it is quite wonderful!

ggdbr01

Last Call for Excellent Little-Known Freeware!!

I've nearly worked my way to the end of this amazingly useful thread!

Would anyone care to add a few favorite little-known freeware titles to
keep me busy awhile longer??

Thanks to everyone! I think I've discovered about 25 extremely useful,
high-quality programs from this thread.

Sparky

Would anyone care to add a few favorite little-known freeware titles
to keep me busy awhile longer??

JAlbum. (http://jalbum.net/index.jsp) For those so dis-enclined: It is
Java-based. From the website:

This gallery software makes web albums of your digital images. JAlbum
aims to be the easiest to use and most powerful tool in this category
- and free! JAlbum runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and others and
speaks 24
languages.
Thanks to everyone! I think I've discovered about 25 extremely
useful, high-quality programs from this thread.

If you get a wild hair, post the list. It's always nice to see what
someone finds valuable.

regards,
-Sparky