    other than the pop-up appearing approximately evey 30 seconds.

    Please can someone help me, to clear this icon and clean my computer.

    Please!!

    Guest, Jun 1, 2006

    Hello mijoint,
    Without a specific name it will be difficult for someone to help identify it.

    Follow this for removal
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/spywarequake.html

    For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.

    I hope this post is helpful.

    Let us know how it works ºut.

    Еиçеl

    Guest, Jun 1, 2006

    Many thx Engel,
    before i received your reply i read a few more threads from people with the
    same problem (stayed up ALL night!) and downloading ewido anti-malware was
    recommended. as a complete computer novice i tried it and low and behold it
    worked. It cleared the virus and stopped the continuous pop-up..Many thx to
    you and all those with advice from other posts..this is a fantastic community!
    mijoint

    Guest, Jun 2, 2006
  4. Sounds like SpyFalcon or a related app

    Glenn Shumaker, Jun 2, 2006

    i have been having the same problem with that spyware. i have the Windows
    Defender and it cannot remove it. any help?

    Guest, Jul 27, 2006