You takin the P1ss

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Last year was the second warmest on record after 1998, the Met Office announced today.​

Here

I was in Ormskirk in a caravan in December in a foot of snow and from then till now its been bloody freezing...so who are you lot kidding ?​
Ok the world as a whole but c`mon when did we see it​

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Get objective, look at the year as a whole, how often did you turn the heating on/light the fire/throw another log on the brasier?

It was actually quite warm all of 2010 but of course all folks remember is the snow we had in December.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Get objective, look at the year as a whole, how often did you turn the heating on/light the fire/throw another log on the brasier?

It was actually quite warm all of 2010 but of course all folks remember is the snow we had in December.

Flops` are you saying that the planet is warming up because of human activity?
If you are then have you thought about our nearest star warming up,which I believe it is. It`s warming up to the extent that even Mars is getting warmer let alone us. I know that we have had the coldest winter in a hundred years,but with the sun warming up the weather patterns change all over the planet.
I really don`t believe that man can have changed the weather in any way.
historian

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

This is a present day map of Glacier Bay in Alaska. There are lines in the Bay with dates on them. (you may need a magnifying glass to read the dates)

In 1750 when the area was first mapped the glacier extended right to the end of Glacier Bay (down near the bottom) and you can track the extent of the ice over the years by checking the dates. Clearly the ice has receded and the Bay is now mainly water.

So, the glaciers have been retreating for at least 250 years and possibly longer for all we know. So maybe there is some global warming but it CANNOT be man made if it goes back that far.

Also, if you look closely you will see that in two of the inlets the ice is ADVANCING over more recent years! Which, surely, is an indication that we do not know all the mechanics of glaciation and climate change.

My feeling is that it is a cyclical thing and man's influence is minute. Despite this I feel that it is sensible to reduce CO2 emissions as much as possible but I am very much against green taxes.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Niv, agree with you 100%

This planet of ours has changeable weather and since human beanz have kept records of the weather it has been noted that extreme climate changes occur naturally.

The whole Green ethic and the myth that is global warming reminds me of a line from a Manic Street Preachers song 'I'm happy being sad' the whole Green Party just want to feel bad and point fingers of blame at people.

That said, I'll acknowledge some countries are bang out of order with the crap they spew into the atmosphere, China and the USA come to mind, aerosols have damaged the ozone layer and recycling is a good thing.

But in my opinion it's not as bad the self proclaimed planet guardians would have us believe.

I will never give up my right to own wheels but the Greenies would have us using horses again. That wouldn't suit me, I'm allergic to horses and I don't have any stable space ;)

There, you got me started now :D

Ask a Question