Windows XP XP & SI3112r installation issues

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having problems installing XP pro (with SP2). As it runs through the set up I press F6 for sata drivers and insert the floppy this loads them up initially but when it comes to set up the installation files it comes back with the error cannot copy si3112r.sys, if i press esc to skip it moves onto the next si3112 file...etc. I have tried copying the files from the MB cd, from the MB website and from the silicon image web site but all with the same outcome. I borrowed a xp pro with SP1 disk from a friend and this works fine and copies the files no problem (only problem with this is it is not a legit copy, where mine with SP2 is !!)

The MB is Abit AN7 with Samsung spinpoint 80Gb drives (2off).

I have also tried slipstreaming the XP (SP2) disk with sata drivers form the MB cd... but no success........help!!!!!

Reaction score
Use your mates Xp Sp1 disk with your Licence/Product key and once all is installed do all your updates from there..Service Pack 3 etc..

An XP disk is an Xp disk...Just the product key that is important. When you enter it, it might tell you, you have to register/activate it by phone..No problem..MS allow you to do the activatio for upto 3 copies of one disk on one Licence number, after that you have to speak to somebody in Customer Support..

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Apart from if the key you have is for SP2 and you're mate has SP1 then it won't accept the key anyway.

You need the right disc.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Apart from if the key you have is for SP2 and you're mate has SP1 then it won't accept the key anyway.

You need the right disc.

Correction on that Waynos...I have just done an install using sp1 disk with sp2 key, worked perfectly fine for me and passed Windows activation..Install literally finished 5 minutes ago..

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Correction on that Waynos...I have just done an install using sp1 disk with sp2 key, worked perfectly fine for me and passed Windows activation..Install literally finished 5 minutes ago..

The sp1 disk I am using is a corporate version which doesn't require activation when windows is in installed. When I use the sp2 product key with the sp1 disk it all installs without issues, when I validate the copy it returns the message of tan illegal copy with the product key not matching the product....any ideas how to get around this ?

I'm still puzzled as to why the disk with sp2 will not copy the si3112r files on installation!

Che

Reaction score
Newbs68 said:
The sp1 disk I am using is a corporate version which doesn't require activation when windows is in installed. When I use the sp2 product key with the sp1 disk it all installs without issues, when I validate the copy it returns the message of tan illegal copy with the product key not matching the product....any ideas how to get around this ?

I'm still puzzled as to why the disk with sp2 will not copy the si3112r files on installation!

I 've had exctly the same problem with a PC at work. I can't remember any details, but I did install WinXP Home SP3 while the original installation was with SP1. At the beggining I thought that it might be the floppy disk I was using, so I tried with a number of copies of the DOS drivers. When a file was failing I was replacing the diskette and move on with a different one. Finally I made it work.
Hope this will help you.

Ask a Question