Windows XP XP keeps booting up

Reaction score
When I turn my computer on, I get as far as the XP logo
screen, then for a quick flash, see a blue screen, too
quick to read however, then the machine restarts all over
again. It is an endless loop.
I have tried doing a safe install using the XP cd but the computer keeps going through the loop before the cd gets chance to work.

Can anyone help??

Reaction score
What you could try is to reboot the computer. Press F8 during the boot until a menu comes up.
Select 'Last know working configuration' and see if that fixes the problem.

By using the above option, any software or hardware you installed on the last working session will need to be re-installed.

Mike

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion but I have done this and nothing happens, I think I will have to get a new hard disc and start over.

Reaction score
try freecycle.org for getting a replacement HD. its a yahoo group where people donate stuff they would have thrown away otherwise. its global so there should be a group near you. they also do everything else. my entire room (shoebox) is packed with stuff that wasnt thrown away. enjoy. M

carinco said:
Thanks for your suggestion but I have done this and nothing happens, I think I will have to get a new hard disc and start over.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It could also be a dodgy cd/dvd drive . Have you set the cd drive as the first and only boot up source ?

user.gif

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Possibly a corrupt device driver or component faulty/damaged?

Or if you try to boot from CD, and that doesn't work, then your CD drive must be broke. Or the XP install CD is scratched or damaged. You need to go into the BIOS and set the CD/DVD drive as the FIRST boot device.

Ask a Question