Windows XP windows not booting up

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
HI today i did a fresh install of windows xp home edition on my second hard drive. It was all working fine unitl i installed some things to do with my sound card and the computer told me to do a reboot so i did that. When it rebooted just beffore going into the logo loading screen it flashes a blue screen with an error message on it but it flashes away so quickly i cant read it and then it reboots it keeps doing this over and over again is ther any way i can do a system restore?

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hi,

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode (hold down the F8 key during the POST) and see if you can remove the offending software. In my limited experience of this thing, I have found that it is often a driver issue.

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm consented to those opinion above.
It is a driver issue.
Did your first driver had a OS??
what is it? xp homeAxp professional and so on.

Reaction score
A further thought, have you turned off the on board sound in the BIOS? It could be that the motherboards sound chip is competing for the same IRQ as the sound card

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
ok the computer does the same thing when i try to boot into safe mode also i dont have a sound card on the pc i just use the 5.1 onboard sound but i will turn that off in the bios to see what happens but when i turn it off and it boots up wha shoudl i do, a system restore? i will tyr that and if it doesnt work i will bring it into the shop and they will fix it

thanks again

Reaction score
Try LAST KNOW GOOD CONFIG... same instructions as safe mode... different option.

Ask a Question