Xenu's Link Sleuth - helps webmasters find broken links

Vegard Krog Petersen

Susan Bugher

Clif said:
Here's a sneak preview of an article I plan to post in my newseletter
on Sunday.

http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/XenusLinkSleuth

Let me know what you think ...

Hi Clif,

I use Xenu and love it. Around here a review of Xenu is preaching to the
choir. ;)

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/CumulativePL.php

Xenu's Link Sleuth
PL2005
PL2004
PL2003
PL2002
PL2001

Stray thoughts. . . have you considered asking for reviews from ACF
participants? Might make for some interesting threads in ACF and it
would be nice to have the reviews on a web site for future reference.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Clif Notes

Thanks Vegard, I've added your feedback to the bottom of the page
(standard proceedure for me). By the way, I'm using the freeware logo I
found hosted at your site. I love it.

Clif Notes

LOL, Susan,

Your stray thoughts are more focused than 99% of the humanity out there
on the web. I posted one of these that I hadn't reviewed as a kind of
teaser. Looks like Whip noticed it and sent me an email with his
review, which will be posted on the newsletter this week.

How could I refuse an offer like this. I will be more than happy to ask
around when I find a freeware program I either can't review or don't
have time to myself. Where better to ask than ACF?

By the way, did you notice I provided a link to ACF in my sidebar. I
pointed to the google groups website, which I use, but if you have a
preferred place, I can change it.

I've noticed other forums and sites that seem to be like a mirrors for
ACF. I've never really been happy with having to find a news provider
and bring it into email or a newsreader. I prefer to access it online.
It just so happens I'm a big Google fan, even if I have to put up with
the adsense ads. (yuck!)

Bottom line: I'll start asking for feedback here.

Vegard Krog Petersen

Thanks Vegard, I've added your feedback to the bottom of the page
(standard proceedure for me).
Thanks!

By the way, I'm using the freeware logo I
found hosted at your site. I love it.

Gold in my ears! :) :) :)

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

http://vegard2.no -
Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

S Yanoff

Clif said:
Here's a sneak preview of an article I plan to post in my newseletter
on Sunday.

http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/XenusLinkSleuth

I recently posted asking about the best freeware link checker and didn't
get much of a response. That's probably because it's hands-down this
one, but the one thing that really frustrates me is that it will not
check javascript: links. I've tried putting in the regular expression
from the FAQ page but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas would be
appreciated. I've already scanned the Xenu forums.

Cheers,
-Scott

Susan Bugher

Clif said:
By the way, did you notice I provided a link to ACF in my sidebar. I
pointed to the google groups website, which I use, but if you have a
preferred place, I can change it.

I saw that. Very nice! :)
I've noticed other forums and sites that seem to be like a mirrors for
ACF. I've never really been happy with having to find a news provider
and bring it into email or a newsreader. I prefer to access it online.
It just so happens I'm a big Google fan, even if I have to put up with
the adsense ads. (yuck!)

To each his own - I prefer a newsreader. :) There's been a great
proliferation of "forums" carrying newsgroup posts in the last couple of
years - sometimes masquerading as private forums - and ACF is sometimes
labeled as a freeware AND shareware forum. :( One of the reasons for
the daily ACF information post is to inform readers of the
less-than-completely-honest "forums" that they are IN FACT reading and
posting in the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup.
Bottom line: I'll start asking for feedback here.

That sounds like a win-win situation to me. :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

MLC

sabato 29 ottobre 2005 Clif Notes ha scritto:
By the way, did you notice I provided a link to ACF in my sidebar. I
pointed to the google groups website, which I use, but if you have a
preferred place, I can change it.
I've noticed other forums and sites that seem to be like a mirrors for
ACF. I've never really been happy with having to find a news provider
and bring it into email or a newsreader. I prefer to access it online.
It just so happens I'm a big Google fan, even if I have to put up with
the adsense ads. (yuck!)
Bottom line: I'll start asking for feedback here.

Hi Clif,
thanks for your wiki :)

Since you're asking feedback, I have a suggestion for you.
For those who don't love Google groups and use a newsreader, you might add a
second link for a.c.f. in a form which opens it in the newsreader.

So it could become:
visit alt.comp.freeware<br />
or<br />

I use many Google services myself, and I'm grateful for them, but IMO Google
groups are good only as a archive for old messages, not for reading or
posting. You're missing a lot without a newsreader!
When you have a bit of time, consider again your choice :)

Clif Notes

MLC said:
Hi Clif,
thanks for your wiki :)

Since you're asking feedback, I have a suggestion for you.
For those who don't love Google groups and use a newsreader, you might add a
second link for a.c.f. in a form which opens it in the newsreader.

So it could become:
visit alt.comp.freeware<br />
or<br />

I use many Google services myself, and I'm grateful for them, but IMO Google
groups are good only as a archive for old messages, not for reading or
posting. You're missing a lot without a newsreader!
When you have a bit of time, consider again your choice :)

Thanks for the suggestion Maria,

I've updated the links to ACF on my side bar just as you suggested.
Those who have newsreaders should be able to access it that way now.

Clif - http://clifnotes.tk

MLC

domenica 6 novembre 2005 Clif Notes ha scritto:
Thanks for the suggestion Maria,
I've updated the links to ACF on my side bar just as you suggested.
Those who have newsreaders should be able to access it that way now.

Thank you!
There is just a missing "s" in the word "newsreader" :)