Ping Susan and others: PL CD 2006

Susan Bugher

Clif said:
Hi all,

I've just finished a draft of an article I plan on publishing tomorrown
in my newsletter. Please comment and offer your advice or suggestions.

http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/PricelessWare2006

Hi Clif,

Nice write-up. :) A question and a couple of suggestions. . .

"Website - Freeware, Free Webservice" What is "Free Webservice"? IMO the
"front page" http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ is a better place to
start.

(first paragraph) "It's difficult to find a better place to load up on
great freeware that has been tried and reviewed." maybe add: (get the CD).

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Vegard Krog Petersen

Clif said:
Hi all,

I've just finished a draft of an article I plan on publishing tomorrown
in my newsletter. Please comment and offer your advice or suggestions.

http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/PricelessWare2006

Have fun!

Clif
http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com & http://clifnotes.tk
Devoted to promoting Freeware and Free Information
has been selected by

My English is not as good as it should be. But isn't there a big
difference between selected and elected?

regards from vegard

Susan Bugher

Vegard said:
Clif Notes wrote:
My English is not as good as it should be. But isn't there a big
difference between selected and elected?

Selected is a broader term. Selected means chosen and an election is a
*specific* way of making choices.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Clif Notes

Susan said:
Hi Clif,

Nice write-up. :) A question and a couple of suggestions. . .

"Website - Freeware, Free Webservice" What is "Free Webservice"? IMO the
"front page" http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ is a better place to
start.

(first paragraph) "It's difficult to find a better place to load up on
great freeware that has been tried and reviewed." maybe add: (get the CD).

Susan

Thanks for the feedback Susan. I made the change to the PricelessWare
link. I'm also planning a follow up article next week. In that article
I will mention the CD and also mention uTorrent together so that people
are able to get the biggest bang for their buck. I didn't have room
last week.

So many things to write about. So little time to write. :-(

Best wishes to you and all of alt.comp.freeware.

Clif

Susan Bugher

Clif said:
Thanks for the feedback Susan. I made the change to the PricelessWare
link. I'm also planning a follow up article next week. In that article
I will mention the CD and also mention uTorrent together so that people
are able to get the biggest bang for their buck. I didn't have room
last week.

Great! uTorrent is a winner.
So many things to write about. So little time to write. :-(

and read. ;) This week's column was great. Thanks Clif.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Clif said:
Hi Susan, I just posted the newsletter and mentioned both PL2006 cd and
uTorrent.
http://snipurl.com/llm3 or
http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/ClifNotesNewsletter060115

Hi Clif,

Another great job. Thanks for featuring the PL2006 CD. :)

re YouSendIt.

IMO sending the file to yourself is preferable to furnishing other
peoples email addresses - send recipients the download URL that's
displayed on the web page (and emailed to you) (protects their privacy).

ACF participants sometimes upload files to YouSendIt and post the
download URL in the newsgroup - it's a very quick and easy way to share
a file.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Clif Notes

Susan said:
Hi Clif,

Another great job. Thanks for featuring the PL2006 CD. :)

re YouSendIt.

IMO sending the file to yourself is preferable to furnishing other
peoples email addresses - send recipients the download URL that's
displayed on the web page (and emailed to you) (protects their privacy).

ACF participants sometimes upload files to YouSendIt and post the
download URL in the newsgroup - it's a very quick and easy way to share
a file.

Susan
--

Hi Susan,

You should be seeing a little traffic spike to the PL2006 CD page.
Infopackets newsletter (250,000 subscribers) just picked up the article
I submitted to them.
<http://www.infopackets.com/channels...the_efficient_way_to_download_large_files.htm>

Cheers!

Clif @ http://clifnotes.net

Susan Bugher

Clif said:
You should be seeing a little traffic spike to the PL2006 CD page.
Infopackets newsletter (250,000 subscribers) just picked up the article
I submitted to them.
<http://www.infopackets.com/channels...the_efficient_way_to_download_large_files.htm>

I see the number of bit torrent downloaders is increasing. Thanks for
spreading the word. :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Terry Russell

Susan Bugher said:
I see the number of bit torrent downloaders is increasing. Thanks for
spreading the word. :)

Hmm, I don't know much about torrents , and am not that much interested
beyond easy fixes :)
but after seeding about 800M on saturday utorrent did nada for a couple of
days , now
it just started again. with 1 peer.
Any ideas, quick hints, enlightenment on a plate? :)

Susan Bugher

Terry said:
Hmm, I don't know much about torrents , and am not that much interested
beyond easy fixes :)
but after seeding about 800M on saturday utorrent did nada for a couple of
days , now
it just started again. with 1 peer.
Any ideas, quick hints, enlightenment on a plate? :)

Nope. I suspect you know as much or more about it than I do. I just open
uTorrent and look at the numbers. There always seem to be a fair number
of seeds :) (my contribution is very, very, very small since I'm on
dial-up). I saw a "biggish" increase for a couple of days - now the
number of peers downloading is lower (and fluctuating more). . . IOW -
the same thing you're seeing. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Terry Russell

Nope. I suspect you know as much or more about it than I do. I just open
uTorrent and look at the numbers. There always seem to be a fair number of
seeds :) (my contribution is very, very, very small since I'm on dial-up).
I saw a "biggish" increase for a couple of days - now the number of peers
downloading is lower (and fluctuating more). . . IOW - the same thing
you're seeing. . .

Maybe something to do with being a trackerless torrent, or bunnies :)