Word-Acrobat: Command cannot be performed because dialog box open.

I've been using Acrobat 6.0 with Word 2003 successfully for about 7 months.
Yesterday, I double click a Word doc file icon and before the file finished
opening, I got a dialog saying "The command cannot be performed because a
dialog box is open. Click OK and then close the open dialog box to continue."
The problem doesn't prevent me from using Word or Acrobat, but it is annoying
-- especially since it was working.

I uninstalled, reininstalled, and updated Acrobat to 6.0.2. I used Word's
detect and repair, used the support template, and installed all updates. The
problem persists.

Microsoft's Knowledge Base support documents are worthless because the
suggested workaround is simply to disable the Acrobat plug-in. There has got
to be a solution to this, especially since everything was working correctly
until yesterday.

Any help will be appreciated.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

If you are using Norton AntiVirus, disable its Office Plug-in.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

"Word-Acrobat Plug-in Error" <Word-Acrobat Plug-in
news:[email protected]...

I don't have that problem with Acrobat, but with Word and Excel. It is very
annoying since it doesn't stop the program from working.
Why would I disable the plug in for Office if this is something that just
started?

Beth Melton

If you also recently updated Office or Norton then you could be
encountering one of the numerous conflicts caused by the "Office
Plug-in" option in Norton.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word