Wmp

Reaction score
Hi, I'm getting the COOD11AB error for Windows Media Player. It finalizes the disk after 6 songs. I put it down to a slower speed and it does work. I know my blank CD'S are not the problem because they worked last month. (I also have 2 different brands and they both have the same problem)

I also have Winamp and I had to put it to a slower speed in order to burn CD'S too! It was giving me errors! Nero seems to work but I have "just speed enabled" on it.

I have Karaoke Software on here too. I put in a karaoke disk the other night and it sounded like crap.

This computer is at least 4 years old. (not sure since it wasn't mine to begin with) I'm thinking my CD/ROM is probably dying and it's time to replace it. If that's the case, I'll go with the DVD/Lightscribe. Might as well upgrade right?

Any thoughts on how to know for sure what's wrong?

Thanks in advance!

dwbear67

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
This error usually occurs when you attempt to burn a CD using Windows Media Player. According to the Microsoft Support Web site, the message suggests that there are not enough resources available on your computer to complete a burn or there is a problem with the CD you’re using.

You don't give any details of your PCs hardware, though I think at 40 years old (in technology terms it is) the first answer above is applicable ... in other words, use the slower speed, which should be around 4x, or get a nice new dual/quad-core PC ;)

WMP uses IMAPI which ain't what one would call reliable ... try Ashampoo 6 FREE, I'll let you search our forums for the "user review article" (hint hint) or you could try Mr Google. :D

user.gif

Reaction score
WMP Problems

Thanks for getting back to me! I figured since I'm getting errors in two different programs, it was probably my machine. I can't afford a new computer so I'll try a new DVD/CD/Burner instead. I wanted to get a DVD Burner eventually anyway, this will just speed up that process!

If it helps, my WINAMP error is: Nullsoft Burner Error
Library Error
The SCSI command sent by the function returned a check condition. Driver Error Unknown.

DVD+RW RW5240
Driver Version 5.12535.0

Just found the information!

Thanks again!

dwbear67

Ask a Question