wmeayl32.dll Trojan - IE Problem

S

silva.thamphia

I am proud to say I got my first virus. I think it's like that first needle that you hate but can't wait to get it over. Anyhow, I got about 5 different viruses and I am down to 1 and I cannot get rid of it for my life. I can delete the DL but it will keep comming back. It starts off with the "wmeayl32.dll" getting put in my IE directory. AVG goes nuts and over periods of time, more and more files go into that directory. Here's a pic: www.shawnaugust.com/trojan.jpg

I tried the following in safe mode: CCleaner, Cleaup!, AVG, MS Anti-Spyware Beta, ETRemover_v211, and edido.

It basically just makes my IE crash and the autocomplete/history doesn't work. That's the only thing I noticed besides random DLLs put in that directory. Any ideas? This is really starting to get to me.

(e-mail address removed)

W

Wolf Kirchmeir

I am proud to say I got my first virus. I think it's like that first needle that you hate but can't wait to get it over. Anyhow, I got about 5 different viruses and I am down to 1 and I cannot get rid of it for my life. I can delete the DL but it will keep comming back. It starts off with the "wmeayl32.dll" getting put in my IE directory. AVG goes nuts and over periods of time, more and more files go into that directory. Here's a pic: www.shawnaugust.com/trojan.jpg

I tried the following in safe mode: CCleaner, Cleaup!, AVG, MS Anti-Spyware Beta, ETRemover_v211, and edido.

It basically just makes my IE crash and the autocomplete/history doesn't work. That's the only thing I noticed besides random DLLs put in that directory. Any ideas? This is really starting to get to me.

(e-mail address removed)

Yesterday, Automatic Update ran on my machine. It took quite a while.
Zone Alaram alerts me to all attempts by any program to access OS
resources, so I noticed that MRT.EXE (Malware Removal Tool) wanted to
access. IMO, you need that tool, or a similar one. You can get it by
going to MS's Windows update site. You may want to install Automatic
Update - I did after much hesitation, since some of MS's updates make
things worse, but so far (about 6 weeks) no problems.

MRT ran quite a while, too, and needed a reboot. It took two reboots,
actually, as the first shutdown hung on "Windows is shutting down", and
the first reboot hung just before the desktop. Everything's fine, now. I
had noticed a mild slowdown earlier in the day, and I think I've figured
out which website sent me the malware. I'll be communicating with their
webmaster, as it's a railfan hobbyist site that gets a lot of traffic.

HTH

Ask a Question