wireless problems

Reaction score
Hi i AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH CONNECTING MY WIRELESS CONNECTION.i AM WITH ORANGE AND HAVE AN AVER ASPIRE 5050.iTS SHOWING A CONNECTION WITH AN EXCELLENT SIGNAL BUT CANNOT GET ON THE INTERNET.i HAVE SPENT SO MUCH TIME ON THE PHONE WHICH COSTS A FORTUNE.i WAS TOLD TO GO TO ACER WEBSITE AND LOOK FOR WIRELESS SOUND CONNECTION WHICH I CANNOT FIND.aNY HELP PLEASE

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello Dragon. Please don't create multiple threads or type all in capitals, it makes it difficult to read and confuses things :)

What is your current setup? I'm presuming you have a wireless card inside your laptop which sounds as if it works (as you can get a signal), but is this connecting to a wireless router that orange provided? If so, it sounds like you may need to configure the router. If you can clarify this it will point us in the right direction.

Reaction score
3 posts from you dragon ALL on the same problem!
You have a problemn with your keyboard as well i see:p
Suggest you look HERE

Reaction score
Thanks Murdoch I was on that page but still couldn't find anything on wireless sound connection which is what they told me to look for and to down load it.

Reaction score
Are you using a compatable wireless card with your router?
May be worth contacting Orange to see if they can run through with you the right setup?

Reaction score
Hi Ian a friend tried his lap top and got on line with no problem so think it must be my lap top.

Reaction score
Phoned orange and all seems fine.When I phoned acer support they said I needed to downdload from their site.They said to look for wireless and sound download but I just cant find it. Sorry for all the hassels

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you run through how you are trying to connect? You talk about the signal strenth, is this in the windows wireless connections list? If so, does it actually seem to connect?

Reaction score
I am useless on this.On the laptop its showing a full strength signal.It just wont open on any page.When I spoke to support (Acer) he seemed to know what the problem was.Instructed me to go to the web sight and download from there.Thanks for the patience.

Ask a Question