Wireless Network only works once

Reaction score
I've scrubbed the computer so many times it's getting rediculous. Once more I've done a clean install of XP. I did an install of SP2 from the CD I received in the mail. I installed my belkin wireless network card software and shutdown the computer...installed the wireless network card...started the computer and had a perfect network & signal. I could surf the internet...pull files from my other computers...anything I wanted to do. Problem is, this is the only time it works...the first time I power up the computer after I install the software and reinsert the card. Anytime after that, if I reboot or shutdown and restart, I never get another connection to the wireless network. No matter what I do I cannot connect back to the network. I've already contacted Belkin about it and they sent me a new 802.11g wireless desktop network card with new software. Same results with this. This setup works fine on my son's computer but I can't get it to work on my daughters computer. Her computer is newer, faster, and a heck of a lot more powerful than his but I can't seem to get it to work. Please provide some assistance. By the way, I even tried using my son's XP disc with my daughter's key and it did the same thing. Could it be a conflict with SP2? Thanks.

Reaction score
do u have any other devices that could be causing an ip conflict? how about using the hardware on just xp sp1?

from what u have written im pretty mystified. maybe it really is your harddware and u have been unlucky twice. could u try using a friends modem/router or pci card and see what result this brings you.

just a thought.

Reaction score
I have had the exact same problem as you...

and i have the solution!

- i have replied to the email you sent me with all i know, i hope this helps!

If any one else wants to know what i think the solution i think will help is, ask me and i will copy the text from the email!

KGB

Reaction score
KGB-911
The Laptop Nut

not just a laptop nut, but a quite marvellous british agent :)

or is it russian? :)

Reaction score
i think any solutions to a problem in a thread, should stay in a thread.

Tis the nature of a forum - EVERYONE can read the answers to problems!

Reaction score
my 300th post mark!!!! when i get to 1000 i will consider retiring!! :)

christopherpostill said:
i think any solutions to a problem in a thread, should stay in a thread.

Tis the nature of a forum - EVERYONE can read the answers to problems!

i agree my friend.

so please copy and paste the email here.......

Attachments

• michaeljackass_puppet.jpg
    michaeljackass_puppet.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Ask a Question