Windows XP SP3 RC2, slow Network Performance

Dani

Hello

I have installed the SP3 English on a Windows XP.
Now the Network Perofrmance is very, very slow. For a 2,5MB file it takes
about 3Min to copy from a Windows 2003 server.

Thanks for any advise
Kind Regards
Dani

Jim

Dani said:
Hello

I have installed the SP3 English on a Windows XP.
Now the Network Perofrmance is very, very slow. For a 2,5MB file it takes
about 3Min to copy from a Windows 2003 server.

Thanks for any advise
Kind Regards
Dani
Isn't this version of SP3 yet another release candidate? If so, then my
advise is "remove SP3". Wait until (well) after it has been released to the
general public through Windows Update.
Jim

Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

As XP Service Pack 3 RTM hasn't been released yet, I think the XP SP 3
installed on your machine is one of the Release Candidate version. I'm
sorry to say that the Release Candidate version Service Pack related issues
are not supported in this newsgroup queue.

Please note, although Windows XP SP3 RC for download is available, XP SP3
RC is still a beta and should only be deployed into testing environments.
Therefore, I recommend you uninstall the SP3 and wait for the RTM version
instead.

To uninstall Windows XP SP3 RC, please do as follows:

1. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
2. Click Change or Remove Programs.
3. Click Windows XP Service Pack 3 (936929), and then click Remove.
4. Restart the computer.

By the way, you might also find support for this and most beta products
from Microsoft Corporation at https://beta.microsoft.com.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Neo Zhu,
Microsoft Online Support

Dani

Hello

Now the SP3 for Windows XP is release.
I have installed the SP. Now the performance is still slow.

When I do an internet download, then I get a rate from 30kb. With the SP2 on
the same link I get 350kb.

Is there any know issues?

Thanks for any advise.
Kind Regards
Dani

Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for your update.

We haven't experienced similar issues on Windows XP SP3 yet. As there are
many reasons which might cause network delay issue, please try the
following steps to narrow down the issue:

1. As firewall component of the antivirus software such as Mcafee might
cause similar network delay issues. If you have installed AV softwares on
Windows XP machine, please try uninstalling it temperately and test whether
this will make any difference.

2. Please temperately disable Windows and third-party firewalls on your XP
machine and have another test.

3. Please update the device driver of your Network Adapter to ensure this
problem is not caused by hardware compatibility.

4. Please try to perform a clean boot and check whether the issue still
exists.

To perform a clean boot on XP machine, please do as follows:

4.1. Click Start->Run...->type msconfig and press Enter
4.2. Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and Disable
All third party Services.
4.3. Click Startup tab and Disable All startup items
4.4. Click OK and choose Restart
4.5. After reboot, check whether the problem still occurs

5. Please try with other tool for example, FTP client, to download
documents from internet and test the download speed.

Please let me know the result of all the tests when you finish them.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon. :)

Sincerely,
Neo Zhu,
Microsoft Online Support

| From: "Dani" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Windows XP SP3 RC2, slow Network Performance
| Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 18:09:48 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
|
| Hello
|
| Now the SP3 for Windows XP is release.
| I have installed the SP. Now the performance is still slow.
|
| When I do an internet download, then I get a rate from 30kb. With the SP2
on
| the same link I get 350kb.
|
| Is there any know issues?
|
| Thanks for any advise.
| Kind Regards
| Dani
|

| | > Hello,
| >
| > Thank you for your post.
| >
| > As XP Service Pack 3 RTM hasn't been released yet, I think the XP SP 3
| > installed on your machine is one of the Release Candidate version. I'm
| > sorry to say that the Release Candidate version Service Pack related
| > issues
| > are not supported in this newsgroup queue.
| >
| > Please note, although Windows XP SP3 RC for download is available, XP
SP3
| > RC is still a beta and should only be deployed into testing
environments.
| > Therefore, I recommend you uninstall the SP3 and wait for the RTM
version
| > instead.
| >
| > To uninstall Windows XP SP3 RC, please do as follows:
| >
| > 1. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
| > 2. Click Change or Remove Programs.
| > 3. Click Windows XP Service Pack 3 (936929), and then click Remove.
| > 4. Restart the computer.
| >
| > By the way, you might also find support for this and most beta products
| > from Microsoft Corporation at https://beta.microsoft.com.
| >
| > I hope this helps. Thanks.
| >
| > Sincerely,
| > Neo Zhu,
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| > =====================================================
| > rights.

Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT]

Dear Customer,

Regarding your last email , I am just check and follow-up on your status.

I was wondering , if you were available to try conduct test and answer my
questions.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,
Neo Zhu,
Microsoft Online Support

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT])
| Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 07:22:12 GMT
| Subject: Re: Windows XP SP3 RC2, slow Network Performance
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
|
| Hello,
|
| Thank you for your update.
|
| We haven't experienced similar issues on Windows XP SP3 yet. As there are
| many reasons which might cause network delay issue, please try the
| following steps to narrow down the issue:
|
| 1. As firewall component of the antivirus software such as Mcafee might
| cause similar network delay issues. If you have installed AV softwares on
| Windows XP machine, please try uninstalling it temperately and test
whether
| this will make any difference.
|
| 2. Please temperately disable Windows and third-party firewalls on your
XP
| machine and have another test.
|
| 3. Please update the device driver of your Network Adapter to ensure this
| problem is not caused by hardware compatibility.
|
| 4. Please try to perform a clean boot and check whether the issue still
| exists.
|
| To perform a clean boot on XP machine, please do as follows:
|
| 4.1. Click Start->Run...->type msconfig and press Enter
| 4.2. Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and
Disable
| All third party Services.
| 4.3. Click Startup tab and Disable All startup items
| 4.4. Click OK and choose Restart
| 4.5. After reboot, check whether the problem still occurs
|
| 5. Please try with other tool for example, FTP client, to download
| documents from internet and test the download speed.
|
| Please let me know the result of all the tests when you finish them.
|
| Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon. :)
|
| Sincerely,
| Neo Zhu,
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| =====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| =====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "Dani" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Re: Windows XP SP3 RC2, slow Network Performance
| | Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 18:09:48 +0200
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
| |
| | Hello
| |
| | Now the SP3 for Windows XP is release.
| | I have installed the SP. Now the performance is still slow.
| |
| | When I do an internet download, then I get a rate from 30kb. With the
SP2
| on
| | the same link I get 350kb.
| |
| | Is there any know issues?
| |
| | Thanks for any advise.
| | Kind Regards
| | Dani
| |
| |

| | > Thank you for your post.
| | >
| | > As XP Service Pack 3 RTM hasn't been released yet, I think the XP SP 3
| | > installed on your machine is one of the Release Candidate version. I'm
| | > sorry to say that the Release Candidate version Service Pack related
| | > issues
| | > are not supported in this newsgroup queue.
| | >
| | > Please note, although Windows XP SP3 RC for download is available, XP
| SP3
| | > RC is still a beta and should only be deployed into testing
| environments.
| | > Therefore, I recommend you uninstall the SP3 and wait for the RTM
| version
| | > instead.
| | >
| | > To uninstall Windows XP SP3 RC, please do as follows:
| | >
| | > 1. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
| | > 2. Click Change or Remove Programs.
| | > 3. Click Windows XP Service Pack 3 (936929), and then click Remove.
| | > 4. Restart the computer.
| | >
| | > By the way, you might also find support for this and most beta
products
| | > from Microsoft Corporation at https://beta.microsoft.com.
| | >
| | > I hope this helps. Thanks.
| | >
| | > Sincerely,
| | > Neo Zhu,
| | > Microsoft Online Support
| | > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| | >
| | > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| | > =====================================================
| | > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| | > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| | > =====================================================
| | > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| | > rights.

| |
| |
| |

Dani

Hello Jian-Ping

What I have done: I just downloaded the "WinSock XP Fix" from the Website
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Now the Problem is gone and everything works fine with SP3.

Kind Regards
Dani

PS: Ready to close

Jian-Ping Zhu said:
> [...]

Disable
| All third party Services.
| 4.3. Click Startup tab and Disable All startup items
| 4.4. Click OK and choose Restart
| 4.5. After reboot, check whether the problem still occurs
|
| 5. Please try with other tool for example, FTP client, to download
| documents from internet and test the download speed.
|
| Please let me know the result of all the tests when you finish them.
|
| Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon. :)
|
| Sincerely,
| Neo Zhu,
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| =====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

| |
| | Now the SP3 for Windows XP is release.
| | I have installed the SP. Now the performance is still slow.
| |
| | When I do an internet download, then I get a rate from 30kb. With the
SP2
| on
| | the same link I get 350kb.
| |
| | Is there any know issues?
| |
| | Thanks for any advise.
| | Kind Regards
| | Dani
| |
| |

| | > Thank you for your post.
| | >
| | > As XP Service Pack 3 RTM hasn't been released yet, I think the XP SP
3
| | > installed on your machine is one of the Release Candidate version.
I'm
| | > sorry to say that the Release Candidate version Service Pack related
| | > issues
| | > are not supported in this newsgroup queue.
| | >
| | > Please note, although Windows XP SP3 RC for download is available,
XP
| SP3
| | > RC is still a beta and should only be deployed into testing
| environments.
| | > Therefore, I recommend you uninstall the SP3 and wait for the RTM
| version
| | > instead.
| | >
| | > To uninstall Windows XP SP3 RC, please do as follows:
| | >
| | > 1. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
| | > 2. Click Change or Remove Programs.
| | > 3. Click Windows XP Service Pack 3 (936929), and then click Remove.
| | > 4. Restart the computer.
| | >
| | > By the way, you might also find support for this and most beta
products
| | > from Microsoft Corporation at https://beta.microsoft.com.
| | >
| | > I hope this helps. Thanks.
| | >
| | > Sincerely,
| | > Neo Zhu,
| | > Microsoft Online Support
| | > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| | >
| | > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| | > =====================================================
| | > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
newsreader
so
| | > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| | > =====================================================
| | > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| | > rights.

| |
| |
| |

Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thanks for the information sharing.

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been solved.

Thanks again for using newsgroup and have a nice day. :)

Sincerely,
Neo Zhu,
Microsoft Online Support

| From: "Dani" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Windows XP SP3 RC2, slow Network Performance
| Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 22:45:42 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
|
| Hello Jian-Ping
|
| What I have done: I just downloaded the "WinSock XP Fix" from the Website
| http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
|
| Now the Problem is gone and everything works fine with SP3.
|
| Kind Regards
| Dani
|
| PS: Ready to close
|

| | > Dear Customer,
| >
| > Regarding your last email , I am just check and follow-up on your
status.

| > I was wondering , if you were available to try conduct test and answer
my
| > questions.
| >
| > Thank you for your time and attention.
| >
| > Sincerely,
| > Neo Zhu,
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| > =====================================================
| > rights.
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: (e-mail address removed) (Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT])
| > | Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 07:22:12 GMT
| > | Subject: Re: Windows XP SP3 RC2, slow Network Performance
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
| > |
| > | Hello,
| > |
| > | Thank you for your update.
| > |
| > | We haven't experienced similar issues on Windows XP SP3 yet. As there
| > are
| > | many reasons which might cause network delay issue, please try the
| > | following steps to narrow down the issue:
| > |
| > | 1. As firewall component of the antivirus software such as Mcafee
might
| > | cause similar network delay issues. If you have installed AV
softwares
| > on
| > | Windows XP machine, please try uninstalling it temperately and test
| > whether
| > | this will make any difference.
| > |
| > | 2. Please temperately disable Windows and third-party firewalls on
your
| > XP
| > | machine and have another test.
| > |
| > | 3. Please update the device driver of your Network Adapter to ensure
| > this
| > | problem is not caused by hardware compatibility.
| > |
| > | 4. Please try to perform a clean boot and check whether the issue
still
| > | exists.
| > |
| > | To perform a clean boot on XP machine, please do as follows:
| > |
| > | 4.1. Click Start->Run...->type msconfig and press Enter
| > | 4.2. Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and
| > Disable
| > | All third party Services.
| > | 4.3. Click Startup tab and Disable All startup items
| > | 4.4. Click OK and choose Restart
| > | 4.5. After reboot, check whether the problem still occurs
| > |
| > | 5. Please try with other tool for example, FTP client, to download
| > | documents from internet and test the download speed.
| > |
| > | Please let me know the result of all the tests when you finish them.
| > |
| > | Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
:)
| > |
| > | Sincerely,
| > | Neo Zhu,
| > | Microsoft Online Support
| > | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| > |
| > | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| > | =====================================================
| > | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| > | =====================================================
| > | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| > rights.
| > |
| > | --------------------
| > | |