Windows XP Windows XP SP2 Setup Error

Reaction score
Right, a weird problem...
I have installed windows xp 100's of times on different computers round the country at work, but one of my mates computer stopped working after he deleted windows system files???? so i said i would re-install windows for him (an easy beer!!)

the problem...

after doing the blue screen bit of the setup where it formats and copys the files it restarts like it should. but when it gets to the stage where it normally "installs devices" the following error message comes pops up:

"Fatal Error"

"An error has been encountered that prevents Setup from continuing.

One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.

Data error (cycle redundancy check)."

Then it talks about check the cd or network etc etc/

when you press ok on this popup this message comes up:

"Error:
Installation Failed I:\asms. Error Message: Data error (cycle redundancy check)"

I have tried different HDD's, different windows xp disks, but the only one that works is a old not normally used ***cough***all windows dvd 1***cough***

i'am completely out of ideas here because the all windows dvd wont pass WGA?

cheers

Reaction score
Fixed

about 10 mins after i posted the original message i thorght of that seen as the dvd worked but the cd didn't, changed the drive and worked first time!

cheers any way!

Ask a Question