Windows XP Windows XP Media Edition

Reaction score
I have reinstalled Windows XP Media Edition and have come up against a brick wall with regard to product activation, so would appreciate any advice offered. The problem: At the end of the install I was prompted to activat the product which I duly did by contacting Microsoft by phone and received the necessary activation code, which activated my OS. The problem is everytime I log in to Windows it tells me this product must be activated before proceeding. So I click OK and activate again and I get a screen saying product already activated, click OK and return to the log on screen; go to log on and round again class leader, it wants to activate again when it is already activated. Any ideas?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Keep going on at Microsoft - phone them, email them. When I had a problem they eventually decided to take over my PC remotely, with my permission of course, and they solved the problem. The whole thing went very smoothly and they were very helpful and courteous.:nod:

I was very impressed. :thumb:

Ask a Question