Windows Vista Windows Vista Live FolderShare

Reaction score
How do I Uninstall Windows Live FolderShare? I use a backup system (PowerArchiver 2009) which compresses files/folders and puts them on a DVD-RW. I have been experiencing problems with my backup process and the PowerArchiver Help people think that it is due to the fact that when I format a new DVD-RW vista formats it to support Live FS which makes the DVD-RW behave like a hard disk. This interferes with PowerArchiver when it tries to burn compressed files to it.

I have no need of Windows Live FolderShare, Live Messenger, etc. but don't know how to uninstall it/them.

Reaction score
Yes, but there is no program called Windows live FolderShare. lots of Windows Live programs though. I would uninstall all of them but don't know whether they are important. I don't use Messenger or communicate live with other computers.

Reaction score
kafka said:
Yes, but there is no program called Windows live FolderShare. lots of Windows Live programs though. I would uninstall all of them but don't know whether they are important. I don't use Messenger or communicate live with other computers.

Can you take a screen shot of what programs are there and post it on here and i'll tell you what to uninstall

Reaction score
Here's the screen shot.

Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 122
Reaction score
kafka said:
Here's the screen shot.

Go ahead and delete all of them except for the last one..As you didn't state what OS you were using, i'm not sure why you have Server 2003 Resource Kit on you machine..

Reaction score
I have uninstalled the Windows Live programs as you advised. Should I have uninstalled Windows Live Writer? I wasn't sure whether the last one you were referring to was Live Writer or Server 2003 Resource kit, though in retrospect I think you meant that I should leave Writer). Since uninstalling the Live programs I find that Vista cannot recognize the DVD-RW which contains my PowerArchiver backups.

Should I re-install the Windows Live programs then uninstall all except Live Writer>

Ask a Question