Windows XP windows live

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
It looks like microsoft will be rolling out a HUGE line of free prooducts for the windwos user soon. I got an email from microsoft asking if i wanted to beta a new mail service they are providing (it doesnt give many details) but then there is a page of many different things that they are rolling out windows messenger live, windows live they want to put anti virus on your comp and firewall (microsoft want us to trust them with our security:S) i said no to that one when they told me to uninstall my firewall and anti-virus.

anyone elsea head about these things? IF so what ya think?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
http://www.windowsonecare.com/

I liked this bit ...
Get the Free BETA ... and qualify for special pricing later.
laughingsmiley.gif

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
ok so right..... microsoft want you to uninstall your current security which most people PAY for and then after the beta is over microsoft want you to BUY their product and ditch the old one. Now unless your old security is a complete pile of **** why the hell would some one do that????????

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well you may not have much "choice" with Vista, as most of MS's Anti-Software (new word trademarked by me) will come "bundled" in with it ... except MediaPlayer as the EEU find it anti-trusted and Europe will have a different version of Vista. :rolleyes:

Now, on the other foot, I liked Giant Anti-Spyware ... it was after all the number one Anti-Spyware software, I would have gladly payed for it ... I opted for SpySweep instead ... however, nobody is really sure how much of the "old" Giant is still there.

There have been some "real-world" tests done on the New MS Windows Defender and it fares up very well indeed against the majority of crap one can get off the Internet ... MS are trying very hard to win back their reputation by investing heavily in theses Anti-Software bundles.

At the moment, they get my vote for a good job in Windows Defender. :thumb:

This view can change with the wind, however. :D

Ask a Question