Windows XP Windows Server 2003 - Accidently removed an essential account

Reaction score
Yes, it appears indeed I am a n00b. God I hate that word...

I was asked to remove old redunant usernames from a clients server, and successfully did so.

Unfortunately, and SOMEHOW....(it took a while to work out and it STILL wrecks my head how the heck its happened)....I've also managed to remove a very, very important username which contained all of the company sales history emails.

The username was 'accounts' and it kept all the emails for the company for the past 5 years, which they would refer to on an almost daily basis.

They would use MS Outlook 2003 to handle their emails and since the 'accounts' username was removed they've not been able to access any of this previous emails (Unable to display the folder. MS Outlook could not access the specified folder location).

I tried to create a new 'account' username in the vain attempt that it would gain me access to the historic data again, but it hasn't. I'm now even more afraid that I've accelerated the problem by choosing this 'solution'.

The company does make backups everyday, but having looked at the log files on the backups, its as if it hasn't done a backup in a year, even though they are changing the disks every day and are very good about doing so.

Pshoooooo......Vodka didn't work this time, so I'm seeking a more professional solution... any ideas guys?

Ask a Question