Windows Security box - username & password?

marina

Suddenly yesterday when I attempted to access my emails via Windows Mail, a
Windows Security box popped up asking me to provide a username & password in
order to log on. When clicking cancel, the following error message is
provided:
Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR Protocol error.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Any help would be very gratefully received, thank you.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)