Windows XP Windows Movie Maker Error Report

Reaction score
Recently encountering problem when attempting to open Windows Movie Maker. Message appears stating that Windows has encountered a problem and will have to close. Opportunity given to send an error report to Microsoft.
Does anyone know solution to this problem?

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Firstly Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:
Recently encountering problem when attempting to open Windows Movie Maker. Message appears stating that Windows has encountered a problem and will have to close. Opportunity given to send an error report to Microsoft.
Does anyone know solution to this problem?

Secondly ...did you send the error report ??? they sometime give you a reason why it wont work :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You need to tell us the error to help. :)

Reaction score
I did send the report but have heard nothing back from Microsoft. The message box is very vague simply saying that Movie Maker has ecountered a problem and needs to close. If, however, one clicks on the technical details of the problem there are masses of "gobbly-de-gook" which is unintelligible. Since posting this thread a couple of days ago I have discovered that someone else with a brand new laptop gets exactly the same message when trying to access Movie Maker. I am wondering if it's something to do with the recently updated Windows Explorer which is the only thing I can think of recently that's been changed on my laptop. Is it possible that there is a widespread problem with Movie Maker that is not confined to my laptop?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If you can post the "gobbly-de-gook" we may be able to help further.

;)

Reaction score
Could you tell me how to post the "gobble-de-gook"? It doesn't seem to be possible to copy and paste it into the forum.

Reaction score
Problem appears to be solved. Found on Windows Newsgroup that others were having the same problem and that one solution was to remove InterVideo WinDVD Creator. I tried this and immediately problem was rectified. Another suggestion is that IE7 is possibly causing a problem. Since I don't recall there being any conflict between WMM and InterVideoo WinDVD Creator before downloading IE7, there may be some truth in this.

Ask a Question