Windows Mail

Mike M

All of a sudden I am having difficulty receiving/sending emails. I have
webmail.carolina.rr.com which are then forwarded to my laptop via windows
mail. I started receiving duplicate emails last week, same email up to 20
times. I verified with the server that the dups are not on their end.
coincedentally, my internet connection is pathetically slow. Can this issue
affect my internet speed? Anyone have any advice? I have already verified
that I am set up correctly. Yesterday I ran CCcleaner, superspy ware, and
malwarebytes and came up clean. Not sure what is happening.
MIke

Steve Cochran

Go to Tools | Accounts and verify you only have one instance of the account installed. If that doesn't fix it, then try repairing the Windows Mail database and see if that fixes it (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/).

steve

Gary VanderMolen

Does it always download the same group of emails, but not the
newest ones? If so, that symptom indicates a 'stuck' email on the server.
Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there by date,
delete all the older ones you've already downloaded, plus one more.
Then try Windows Mail again.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)