    --
    Thank you for you help
    Mark M

    Guest, Jan 28, 2005

  2. Exactly what are you trying to accomplish - the files a particular user
    accesses or what?? --- Steve

    Steven L Umbach, Jan 29, 2005

    Hi:

    No not of a particular user, but the files themselves, I have them under the
    "Audit/Security" set up in computer mangaement, but I am not very good at
    reading the Security read outs, so I was/am hoping for something a little
    easier to use and read.

    Mark M.

    Guest, Jan 29, 2005
  4. I still am not quite sure what you want? Do you want to know what files the
    operating system is using at a particular point in time, the files that an
    application is using? Try using "msinfo32" in the run box to see if that
    will help, particularly "software environment" . There are some free tools
    from SysInternals such as Process Explorer and filemon. Process Explorer
    will show what files are being used by a process and filemon will show file
    use in real time. You may also want to search their other utilities to see
    if any do what you want. --- Steve

    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml -- Process
    Explorer.

    Steven L Umbach, Jan 29, 2005